Golden Lakenvelder Flock-Kansas-Will ship

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
These birds are from two different breeders, 4 pullets, 2 roos. One of the roos is rumpless, but otherwise very nice looking, with a great disposition. All of the girls are laying, and they are just over a year old. They are very good foragers and the boys have a keen lookout instinct. The girls are very friendly, but the roos would just as well have nothing to do with humans if they could help it. They just want to take care of the ladies.

This flock is fabulous for feed-to-egg conversion and eat very little. They are lovely to watch in the yard, and the unusual coloring is particularly striking. I am constantly surprised by the size of the white eggs that come from these slight hens

Buyer pays actual shipping plus box fee or comes to claim them- I'll meet within an hour's drive. I have a swan box I can use to ship in for $50, or buyer can send boxes here for shipping. 3 NESTs would work well.

14596_lakflocksun.jpg

14596_roo_strut.jpg

14596_rumpert_and_spitz.jpg

14596_roo_eating.jpg

14596_roo_board.jpg

14596_lakroo.jpg

14596_lakpair.jpg

Please fee free to ask anything about them.

Renee they are stunning! I have only ever seen drawings and book pictures but to see them in their environment they are amazing!

Thanks so much!! I love having them, but I HAVE to manage the space I have and my project load...they don't work into the mix with any of my other breeds.

Quote:
I hatched these from my own mix of three lines: Brian Ainley, Okiehen, and Gabbard. I like the coloring of Okiehen's birds best, but didn't want to do sibling matings if I could help it. She's been working on them several years, but I think hers may have originally been Gabbard. I'm not sure where the Ainley line originated, but they have a lighter coloring and more black in the saddle feathers.

I've been trying to solidify the black on the hens, but it's difficult. I love the SOLID black of the German and Dutch birds. I'm ready to move the project on to someone else.

Cheers,

Renee

Back
Top Bottom