Golden Sex-Link Help

@junebuggena
Here's the chick I was talking about. It still is kind of golden but there are a few areas that are like a creamy white color also the tale feathers are coming in facing upward like a too and this is the smallest of the four golden's.
What do ya think?

I say that is a pullet!! :)

Meet "Goldie Hahn" she is about 4.5 weeks and loves to perch anywhere on me. She is the first one to come to my hand and even stays with me if I don't have a treat. I didn't know anything about Sex-Links when I got her, she picked me at the feed store! (All my others I had read up on and new what I wanted.) She's my favorite!!

Meet "Goldie Hahn" she is about 4.5 weeks and loves to perch anywhere on me. She is the first one to come to my hand and even stays with me if I don't have a treat. I didn't know anything about Sex-Links when I got her, she picked me at the feed store! (All my others I had read up on and new what I wanted.) She's my favorite!!

She sure is pretty. I myself have a sexlink like that she is a total cuddle bug. So from what I have learned in the past 6 weeks is that they are very nice lay tons of eggs but tend to stop laying by age 2 and have a very poor immune system due to the amount of egg laying they do.
Here's the link to the gold sexlink reviews https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/golden-sex-link

She sure is pretty. I myself have a sexlink like that she is a total cuddle bug. So from what I have learned in the past 6 weeks is that they are very nice lay tons of eggs but tend to stop laying by age 2 and have a very poor immune system due to the amount of egg laying they do.
Here's the link to the gold sexlink reviews https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/golden-sex-link
They don't stop laying by age two, but they do slow down production dramatically. Production can go from 6-7 eggs a week during their second summer to 2 to 3 eggs the next summer. And they are more prone to laying complications than non-crossbred hens. Vent gleet, internal laying, and egg binding are common ailments of sexlinks.

They don't stop laying by age two, but they do slow down production dramatically. Production can go from 6-7 eggs a week during their second summer to 2 to 3 eggs the next summer. And they are more prone to laying complications than non-crossbred hens. Vent gleet, internal laying, and egg binding are common ailments of sexlinks.

Thank you! I'm glad you were able to clear that up for me.
smile.png

I purchased tow golden sex links from a local feed store and was told that by their color they were 99% sure they were females. A couple months later, I realized one is definitely a rooster. But that's okay, we love him anyway :)

I purchased tow golden sex links from a local feed store and was told that by their color they were 99% sure they were females. A couple months later, I realized one is definitely a rooster. But that's okay, we love him anyway :)
If they were sexlinks, they should be sexed 100%. Odds are that somebody mixed up the feed store's chicks and you got a Production Red cockerel instead of a red sexlink pullet. They do look identical as day old chicks.

Back
Top Bottom