Goldens.....

J&A Loveshack Ranch

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Good mornin' folks, last night a few people told me that my Golden Comets are also called Golden Sex Links. But I couldn't find them on McMurray. Are there other names for these. They look identical to the Golden Laced. Are they the same? Someone help me out. These are my favorite. It is so funny to see other people call their chickens their girls. I thought I was the only goof ball. I am glad I am not alone. It is a GOOD THING to be a goof because mostly...we are happy people!

happy in Scioto County Julie and crew

I got some golden comets I think from my feed store last week. First ones ever. Um, different hatcheries call them different things and all will be different from one hatchery to the next in looks. Mine came from Cackle, and you can maybe go on there to get an idea.

I really think they are the "red sex link" not golden. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

here is a picture of my chicks from yesterday. The one in front is a RIR but the one in the back is the comet I think. Not much different but as day olds, she had less markings compared to the RIR.

RIRs.jpg

Yea, they look a little darker than mine did but marked about the same. They may be the red. I will try Cackle. Thanks. I am learning the adding image thing on this site and will hopefully add some pics to my blogs. I am having a real good time with talking to folks. Last night was my first time and got some good responses. We chicken people are fun. I have had a lot of animals and livestock and will post all I have right now. I am experienced in ducks, rabbits, cattle, goats, guinea pig, and more that I can't remember I am sure. Thanks again! Julie

Got on to Cackle, I learned a few things and found my Golden comets! I am so glad. They said that the pullets are red-brown. Mine were a lot lighter. In fact, one of my hens, my favorite girl which was the runt of my batch, is really light on breast and belly. She has a funny personality. I gotta go out and see'm thins morning. See if I may have one going into molt. I got a miget egg the other day and one isn't laying right now. I don't see any loose feathers yet.
thanks all! Julie

J&A Loveshack Ranch :

Yea, they look a little darker than mine did but marked about the same. They may be the red. I will try Cackle. Thanks. I am learning the adding image thing on this site and will hopefully add some pics to my blogs. I am having a real good time with talking to folks. Last night was my first time and got some good responses. We chicken people are fun. I have had a lot of animals and livestock and will post all I have right now. I am experienced in ducks, rabbits, cattle, goats, guinea pig, and more that I can't remember I am sure. Thanks again! Julie

This place is sooo addicting!​

Back
Top Bottom