Golf ball thief..

HaappyHenhouse

Songster
Jun 19, 2020
I interrupted a 4ft black snake stealing a golf ball this morning. He's been coming around over the last 6 months or so in the evenings and usually left the area once we came around but since I and the chickens started a team effort to kill/eat the mice, he just have decided eggs would be a better choice.

Oh, what a funny video it is on the ring camera... Me in my jammies, sweating and swearing loudly while slamming around with a shovel on a sunny Sunday morning in the coop.... The young pullets circling me offering squeaks and squawks of support while I cornerered it. Dragged him out by the tail and, well... ended it.

Note to self: apologize to neighbors for the swearing and put a hatchet in the coop.

Yes, I got my ball back

Attachments

• 20210808_113850.jpg
    20210808_113850.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 24
I interrupted a 4ft black snake stealing a golf ball this morning. He's been coming around over the last 6 months or so in the evenings and usually left the area once we came around but since I and the chickens started a team effort to kill/eat the mice, he just have decided eggs would be a better choice.

Oh, what a funny video it is on the ring camera... Me in my jammies, sweating and swearing loudly while slamming around with a shovel on a sunny Sunday morning in the coop.... The young pullets circling me offering squeaks and squawks of support while I cornerered it. Dragged him out by the tail and, well... ended it.

Note to self: apologize to neighbors for the swearing and put a hatchet in the coop.

Yes, I got my ball back
I wish I could see a video of that😳😂😂😂 We removed a large rat snake from our yard, about a week after our chicks hatched. Luckily, we caught the 🐍 before it did any damage😊 Happy everything turned out well for you, and congrats on getting the ball back😂

Appears like something I would do. I do have electric wires around my coops and pens and a couple of times a snake went through the wires and got electrocuted. Good luck and have fun...

Yes, I got my ball back
Big snakes don't just eat mice or eggs.Glad you gave him a proper burial.

Big snakes don't just eat mice or eggs.Glad you gave him a proper burial.
That was my thinking once I saw his size. This is a back yard coop that sits by the woods so I'll continue doing regular snake sweeps! I've dispatched the ones I've seen as needed (we have copperheads here in NC.... ) and have all ideas I'll see another.

That was my thinking once I saw his size. This is a back yard coop that sits by the woods so I'll continue doing regular snake sweeps! I've dispatched the ones I've seen as needed (we have copperheads here in NC.... ) and have all ideas I'll see another.
They don't call them "Chicken snakes" for no reason. They'll swallow their heads and suffocate them.

Back
Top Bottom