Golf balls DO work!!

Buff-Island-Australorp

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Bixby, OK
I finally have all 9 of my hens laying now. I have (3) nest boxes built in to the side wall of my coop.
I have read, and still believe, that most hens want to lay in the same nest box, although all 3 of my nest boxes are getting used daily. As 3 of the hens are sitting, the others are either down on the floor pitching a fit, or bird-dogging the 3 laying from the step bar in front of the boxes.

I have a golf ball in each box, and every day, all 3 boxes have eggs in them.

Last Saturday, a plastic golf ball I was using in one of the boxes was easily kicked out early on, before any of them had laid yet. I saw a hen in there, but she got up. (no egg) When I went back out to collect around noon, I had 7 total eggs in the 2 nest boxes that still had the golf balls in them and the box where the plastic golf ball was supposed to be had nothing, nada, zip.

Golf balls DO work.

Quote:
I don't know where that even came from....I have never taken the time to put an avatar on my page. (maybe my wife jacked with it....I don't know)
big_smile.png

Quote:
I don't know where that even came from....I have never taken the time to put an avatar on my page. (maybe my wife jacked with it....I don't know)
big_smile.png

It's really cute. I'm technically challenged or I might have one myself.

we use golf balls too...we leave them in there...and when I take eggs from our broodies; I replace their eggs w/a couple golf balls under them

Back
Top Bottom