Gone Quackers. . . it begins

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Gone-Quackers, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    [​IMG]

My new hovabactor incubator with forced air fan and egg turner arrived Saturday. It was quickly put at temp and held nicely for 12 hrs. I loaded it with 10 runner eggs. . and am waiting to meet my new quackers. . . Humidity keeps holding around 48-50% so I may need to add a bit more water?? I know it should be at 55% but if I add more water to another tray won't it go too high?

Now that I've gone completely quackers. . . and spent several hours watching an incubator. . and even longer watching my adult quackers do weird things. . I think I've lost it. . I have gone quackers.

Is there a cure? Any hope for me and mine? Or will I spend my life watching ducks climb the step steps to my back deck. . and have orgies in mud puddles?[​IMG]

2. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol welcome to my life, i find it when I watch my babies to closely I tend to have anxiety as I focus on EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING THEY DO!!!! Ex. One of them gets up after sitting down for about 30 minutes taking a nap and starts limping a little, my mind - " OMG YOU HAVE BUBMBLE FOOT LET ME CHECK YOUR FEET AND THEN CUDDLE U!"

Reality- their foot fell asleep

And don't get me started about the incubators and hatching I literally like must imagine any little thing that could go wrong, but it always turns out okay

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by