GONE to a good home - Naked Necks Chicks - Northern CA -PICS!!!!

jasminty

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
CA
I have 7 Naked Neck chicks. They are about 9 days old. I received them as packing peanuts (extras for warmth) from Ideal on 11/6/08, so I don't know much about them other than they are very curious and sweet. Just too many for me to keep. I can't tell the sex, but since they are extras they are probably all male.

If anyone is local and would like to take one or all for FREE they are up for grabs.

Two are yellow (one has a blackish stripe down his back), two are a light cinnamon color, One is brown with black stripe down his head and back, one is black with what looks like might be white wing tips growing in.

In Oakley, CA

I don't know know how to ship them so these are for local pick up/drop off only please.

Thank you!!

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

Last edited:
They are listed as Madagascar Game on Ideal's site, which is where they came from. My understanding is this is the original breed that the two most common types of naked necks (turkens, and the other type I can't think of off the top of my head) originated from.
But if you are an expert on any of these three NN breeds and how to tell them apart at 9 day old chicks please do enlighten me, as I am no pro. I am only going by the information I have read.

Quote:
I did looked through the whole site for the standard NNs and could only find the Madagascar type!!! Some how I must have missed them.

Though these guys are quite tall next to the other chicks some of them are also bit hefty to (and who knows really what they will be <tall/heavy> they are only 9 days now); I would think that even though the two types of chicks look identical to my untrained eye, it is much more likely that they are indeed just standard NN.

Hey Jasminty,
I am in W. Sac. and have brooder space. I'll take the little guys.
Where are you in relation to Sacramento?

I just emailed my phone number to you if you'd like to call. Am off work today. thanks,
Ken

Back
Top Bottom