Gone Without a Trace

What do you think happened to her?

• Total voters
What I was going to say has been said already, so I won't repeat it.
I am so sorry that you lost her, Starburst. Condolences and hugs. :hugs
Good luck with your others -- I hope that you don't lose any more, and that you can deal with whatever took Boba.
To me, it sounds rather like a fox or something grabbed her. Keep an eye out, and best of luck.
:hugs
Thank you for your kind words. She really was a precious little girl and will be missed dearly. I haven’t ever seen a fox in my area - or heard of them being around where I am. Maybe a coyote, though?

Here is a pretty simple mobile chicken tractor or run. Simple as a fram wrapped in chicken wire or harder cloth on wheels. Hope this helps!
1608689330197.png
1608689398682.png

Thank you for your kind words. She really was a precious little girl and will be missed dearly. I haven’t ever seen a fox in my area - or heard of them being around where I am. Maybe a coyote, though?
It could be a coyote. I wouldn't quite rule out a fox yet, though -- they're sneaky and very good at not being seen.

What predators do you have? Sounds like a Coyote in my experience. Setup a security camera if possible. I suggest not trying to kill the predator, it doesn't need to be killed, and will go away after some time if you just keep your birds out of it's reach. That is just part of keep gin chickens, living with predators. Plus, killing it will only open up territory for more predators to move in.

If you don't already, you could add things into the run to make them or you happy. A bale of straw for them to scratch around, some new logs to jump up on and then move them around so that they can get the grubs, homemade or bought scratch blocks, etc.
I made an article on boredom busters to if you want to check that out! Boredom busters are a good idea!

What predators do you have? Sounds like a Coyote in my experience. Setup a security camera if possible. I suggest not trying to kill the predator, it doesn't need to be killed, and will go away after some time if you just keep your birds out of it's reach. That is just part of keep gin chickens, living with predators. Plus, killing it will only open up territory for more predators to move in.
I have coyotes, weasels, hawks, eagles, owls, bears, Mountain Lions, and others like that. I agree, I wouldn’t want to kill the predator, it was just trying to eat. Though I really wish it hadn’t taken my girl, it was just trying to eat, and it shouldn't be punished for my own mistake.

Back
Top Bottom