Gonna do something for myself!! Take Knitting lessons :)

I totally misread the title of this post. I thought it said "Im going to do something TO myself, im taking knitting lessons"!!! I thought, "huh, this persons going to punish themselves by taking knitting classes??"

LOL......sorry, im moving along now:lol:

I have tried to teach myself to knit. My russian grandmother taught me to knit and pearl but I guess its the old country style. Those that knit throwing the yarn cant help me cause i hold the yarn funny:(. Most of the books are also with the yarn throwing style soooooo I have tried making a couple of hats and boy do i make a mess when it comes to decreasing!! I REALLY want to knit, I drool over books and patterns but im wondering if i will ever get it???? Wish I would have paid more attention to my grandma and learned to knit and speak russian. Dumb kid!!

I think "continental" is the most popular way to describe how you are knitting.

There's a knitter's web site with knitting videos, youtube has knitting videos and there are other knitting websites that have continental knitting diagrams. You could try google for a search on continental knitting.

there are some really good knitting sites too... i crochet but there are just some things that only knitting will do..
smile.png

this is a neat site- https://www.ravelry.com

gonna have to dig up some projects now- how about the knitted jackets for battery hens- now that combines knitting with my passion-

Quote:
I froze up my shoulder years ago and because of this I taught myself to knit (European) I am also left handed and my MIL taught right handed so now I knit down left and back right and if its a stockinette stitch I never have to pearl. But with a pattern I tend to get sooo confused , lol

Back
Top Bottom