Gonna try again...

I didn’t even know there were more than 20 colours of coturnix. I’m going to see if I can list 20.

1. Texas A&M
2. Rosetta
3. Tibetan
4. Japanese
5. Italian
6. Golden Manchurian
7. Tuxedo

That’s all I can think of. I want to say Jumbo Pharoah but if I remember right Pharoah is another word for Coturnix and jumbo is an egg size. I also may have heard of something similar to Isabella?

I didn’t even know there were more than 20 colours of coturnix. I’m going to see if I can list 20.

1. Texas A&M
2. Rosetta
3. Tibetan
4. Japanese
5. Italian
6. Golden Manchurian
7. Tuxedo

That’s all I can think of. I want to say Jumbo Pharoah but if I remember right Pharoah is another word for Coturnix and jumbo is an egg size. I also may have heard of something similar to Isabella?
You pharaoh is the normal coloring. Oh ya, snowflake I believe is one

1. Texas A&M
2. Rosetta
3. Tibetan
4. Japanese
5. Italian
6. Golden Manchurian
7. Tuxedo

8. Pansy
9. Snowflake
10. Chocolate
11. German Pastel
12. Fairy
13. Pearl
14. Scarlet
15. SSC Silver
16. Celedon???

1. Texas A&M
2. Rosetta
3. Tibetan
4. Japanese
5. Italian
6. Golden Manchurian
7. Tuxedo

I dont think Japanese is a color phase thats the origin of the strain but Pharroh is the orig wild type color and jumbo Pharroh does indicate egg/meat size.

8. Pansy
9. Snowflake
10. Chocolate
11. German Pastel
12. Fairy
13. Pearl
14. Scarlet
15. SSC Silver
16. Celedon???

Celadon refers to the blue egg gene. I know those originated in Silver hens from canada. Wish i could be more help this is fun!

I dont think Japanese is a color phase thats the origin of the strain but Pharroh is the orig wild type color and jumbo Pharroh does indicate egg/meat size.

Celadon refers to the blue egg gene. I know those originated in Silver hens from canada. Wish i could be more help this is fun!
Thats why i had the question marks. I know alchemist farms sales the blue eggs and they say they are from a mixed pen so i figured it was just an egg trait.

I know right!!! I am jelouse for sure!! I have babies due saturday cannot wait to see wht i get!

I remember u were just ordering them when we met! I just hatched mine last wkend got 83% of fertile eggs to hatch JMF jumbo Pharrohs directly from the man himself.
20190211_182134.jpg

Attachments

• 20190213_160859.jpg
    20190213_160859.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 8
wow so many colours, wonder what a pansy looks like, there are flowers called pansies I think

nice brooder set up, jw if the lamp's heat gets transferred to the other brooder? I've wondered whether I would need 2 lamps for brooders that were next to each other

Back
Top Bottom