Gonna try again...

Pics

Athiena14

Crowing
6 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
So I claimed I wouldnt be trying for a while after so many attacks and over 50 quail gone in just the summer.
Screenshot_20190213-171620_Chrome.jpg

I didn’t even know there were more than 20 colours of coturnix. I’m going to see if I can list 20.

1. Texas A&M
2. Rosetta
3. Tibetan
4. Japanese
5. Italian
6. Golden Manchurian
7. Tuxedo

8. Pansy
9. Snowflake
10. Chocolate
11. German Pastel
12. Fairy
13. Pearl
14. Scarlet
15. SSC Silver
16. Celedon???

There are over 100 documented color gene mutations, so when you start combining them you actually get thousands of colors. Charcoal, lavender, pansy (different EU and US versions), cream, platinum, orange, roux dilute, albino, etc, just to name a few more. There are also multiple separate genes that cause silver-looking birds, white-looking birds, etc.

I actually just made a list of some reading material on a bunch of the genetics behind the colors if anyone is interested in learning more about them. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ccs-big-list-of-coturnix-quail-studies.1295000/

Had a huge scare last night. Cat got the incubator flipped and had this one in it's out. The baby is still alive and some of the eggs got damaged from the fall. (Cat had been around for chicks and ducklings hatching with no issue.) Moved incubator into another room. So far 7 have hatched out. Will get pics when I get home. Saw at least one I recognized. A tuxedo

What a cutie! The same exact thing happened with me my very first hatch. Sneaky cat got in and flipped the incubator on top of only hatched baby so far. Walking heater of hubby snuggled her back to life and I was lucky to have three more chicks hatch (it was a small batch to start). I'm so glad your little dude is doing well! He's so fluffy! :love

I'll keep ya'll posted. I havent ordered from them before. My last people was only doing 6 eggs for $18. This looked like a better deal
Thats what i was thinking. Good deal and great variety! Im a newbie on quail as well and even after doing tons of research on breeding and genetics that website surprised me with several varieties i never seen! kcquailfarms.com also has a ton of variety!

Thats what i was thinking. Good deal and great variety! Im a newbie on quail as well and even after doing tons of research on breeding and genetics that website surprised me with several varieties i never seen! kcquailfarms.com also has a ton of variety!
I only know of tuxedos, normal, the Texas, and buff?

I know right!!! I am jelouse for sure!! I have babies due saturday cannot wait to see wht i get!

I remember u were just ordering them when we met! I just hatched mine last wkend got 83% of fertile eggs to hatch JMF jumbo Pharrohs directly from the man himself.
20190211_182134.jpg

Attachments

• 20190213_160859.jpg
    20190213_160859.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom