Good and Bad egg examples for newbies! Updated BYC Page!

LilDucky85

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Northern, Illinois
I updated my BYC page. It has pictures and video of my egg candling, examples of fertile, infertile, and blood ring eggs, and other stuff from my journey this month! It might be helpful to first timers. I'm a first timer myself so Ive added things I woud have liked to see before I began hatching. If its helpful to anyone let me know!

Check it out!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=22594-my-first-hatching-journey

Last edited:
Great job!!! Thanks.
clap.gif

Great Pics

ETA: When people say they check their eggs when they arrive thru the mail to see if they are indeed fertile....what does that look like? I can't hardly tell...when I look at my freshly laid eggs (up to 2 days old) all I see is a clear egg that appears to be infertile...but some end up hatching...??

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to put together images of the candled eggs. Very informative for a newbie like me!!!!

My hat's off to you, LilDucky85!!!

Ed

thumbsup.gif
Thanks so much for sharing your pics & video. I will be candling tomorrow for the very first time and this helps! Question: my eggs are in a turner (Genesis 1588 incubator); what's the best way to candle them without losing too much heat?

Back
Top Bottom