Good deal or no on rabbits

Rabbits by themselves here are going for dirt cheap. I got a pair of mini-rex's the other day for $10, and a dutch doe for $1. The cages might be worth it, but I get them from a guy here that makes them for $12. I probably wouldn't pay that much for them, but that's just me. But a new 24'x24' cage at the feed store goes for about $23, so if the cages are in good condition, they'd probably be worth that.

well i went and looked at them the 3 babys he told me they were 2 months old but they already look like adults 3 of them 2 babys and the buck looks like nz whites the other 3 where the same size as the white ones but looked like a english spot all looked healthy the cages were homemade and old 1 was made by his grandkids and would not be worth much the rabbits looked healthy though. But dh and i talked after seeing the size and amout of rabbits he liked my first idea to start small and not jumping in heads first lol if anyone is located around webb city mo ill give you his number and let you all go look

Quote:
rabbits are actually a slight challenge to breed and raise...esp when you get into the purebreds.
smile.png

To me....a rabbit is only worth more than $5 if it's got a pedigree.

Quote:
Again, that depends on your location. I get $9 each for 8 week old kits going for raw dog food. At 12 weeks I get $15 for fryers, and it goes up from there. Breeders are typically $25 or more, depending on the breed. That's in NC though, every location is different.

Emily in NC

Rabbits do sell cheaper this time of the year. If theyre purebreds with paper and in good health theyd probably be worth it or a meat breed that you could use and raise. Rabbits arent worth more than $5 without papers whether theyre purebred or not. With papers Ive seen Mini rexes (i raise them) sell from $10 -$250. All depends on the breeder, show wins, quality of the rabbit and its ancestors and age.

Back
Top Bottom