Good Deal?

So I just wondering if you talked to your parents yet lucky? I would like to know what they said if you dont mind telling everyone

Of coarse I don't mind, but my parents are on a trip to New York until Sunday, so I was Going to ask them when they are settled back at home.

If your in Ont i have a feeling i know where you bought them lol Anyhow, i'm confused... did you get them with your parents knowing and fully supporting the decision? and now they have changed their minds?

I pay under 20$ for a bag of Purina flock multipurpose(50lb bag), how long it lasts obviously depends on how many birds and as others have said foraging. Can you try re-homing them? that maybe the best route if your parents genuinely don't want them.

What is the persons name?? If everything works out ( fingers crossed) I want to get a female for my lonely drakeling, the other two ate best buddies but this one gets stuck sleeping with the hickens all the time.and yes, my parents did fully agree at the time, but then they thought about it more after and ecided that they didn't want them and I would have to suck it up when it came time to butcher them. I have seen worse with living on a farm and all but I have a special attatchment with these guys for some reason. I just adore them to pieces!!!

i would have to ask how old you are? i have a 10 year old that is suposed to take care of 2 rabbits, not buy the food or anything else, just feed and water them and it does not happen. i usualy end up doing it all my self. so i would have to agree with nsampsel what happens if you fail in your responsabilitys? here in nw oregon the 50lb bag of flock raiser is almost $19. i think that it will be good for you to take on that kind of responsibility and i wish you luck dealing with your parents. it does seem like a good plan

I turned 14 in February. I have already figured out that with my current allowancei can afford them and have about $15 left over for myself. So I am really hoping they will agree!

Good luck kiddo.. I'm glad you thought this all through and I'm hoping you get to keep them! Good luck (and I'd use the this breed is on the critical ( or is it threatened list) and needs people to responsibly help grow the breeder base and that people are starting to look for them.

So we're about the same age although im 15 end of June. I have 7 ducks and i feed and clean and take care of them and buy more if i want some and all my parents do is keep an eye on them when im at school (i get paranoid something might happen like it did one of my ducklings) and they also buy food which im very grateful for.

Most of my family and friends thought that after my boyfrind brought me my first pair, id get bored after a week and not do anything nut its probably been more than 6 weeks and im still up every morning before school and play with them after and have 8 or 9 on the way!

You can do it and as long as you prove everyone wrong, your parents will support you in time. Good luck!

Put a note under my parents pillows about it last night and asked them to really think about and not block the idea out before i wrote out the rest of my letter, wish me luck!!! They haven't talked to me about it yet tho :/

Are you sure they've seen the note? My daughter likes to put my phone under my pillow (she's 5) and I've slept on it and not noticed, it's only been the next day when I ask her where my phone is and she shows it me and tells me I slept on it!

I hope they let you keep them! Stay calm and reasonable while you present your points to them. If you show them how mature and rational you are while presenting your argument, they'll see that you're responsible and they'll be more likely to let you take on the responsibility of keeping the ducks as pets. Of course, you should also let them know about the very emotional aspect, which is the fact that you've already fallen in love with the ducks. Good luck!

Quote:
Oh my gosh i never even thought about that! I put it in between his pillow and top blanket so he would have to literally be sleeping on it and not notice. :/

Back
Top Bottom