good egg bad egg?

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
ok out of 7 eggs only 1 has showed any progress today it was on day 13 when I candled the egg.

I am so new to candleing I dont know what I am looking for what I see is something of good size shadow on the side i see some viening but not alot or its real hard to see. I only have a regular flashlight so its really low quality in what I am seeing.

From what I said does it sound like its a good egg or a bad egg?

Quote:
Oh yes the quality of the flashlight is so bad but I dont know how to explain what I see I see something dark to the side its bigger then what it was before and kinda moves but idk if that was me moving the egg or what but I can see something in it unnormal to just a regular egg.

Master S.M.C :

an easier way to tell is by placing the egg in water. Good egg sink, bad egg float.

Wouldnt this hurt the egg by puttng it in water?​

Master S.M.C :

an easier way to tell is by placing the egg in water. Good egg sink, bad egg float.

'cept in the case of eggs you plan to incubate or eggs you are incubating. Direct contact with water is not a good thing for fertile eggs that you want to incubate. Brown eggs are hard if not impossible to candle. If you can't see veining, but you can see shadows, watch for the shadow to begin filling the egg. Around day 18 you should see very little light through the egg shell except where the air pocket is.​

Quote:
Wouldnt this hurt the egg by puttng it in water?

YES! Do not put it in water!

This is for eating. You can tell how fresh an egg is by putting it in water first. This is NOT for eggs that you are incubating.

Back
Top Bottom