Good evening from the uk

Hi, Jenny
welcome-byc.gif

Hi everyone , under a few inches of snow here in Norfolk , chickens are still laying between 8 and 10 eggs a day even in the cold conditions . Been walking up to make sure that they have water and hoping the now clears soon :)

i know what you mean. the tap at the farm has frozen so i have to walk across the yard to the milking shed, run the waterers under the hot tap until the ice melts. refill with cold water and walk back. 4times is time consuming!!
did you know hot water freezes quicker than cold? also a good tip for when you have a party and need ice cubes in a hurry!

Hi sue , I have to walk a mile there and a mile back because the car just skids on a big slope we have to get up to our allotment . Can't wait for it to melt !! I never knew that about the hot water , good tip :))

Hi and :welcome

Good luck with the snow, we've got quite a lot where I am too. (Though I'll be leaving to go back to Australia in a few days, which is quite sad. I've always been a northern hemisphere person. :p Grew up in England.)
What kind of chickens do you have?

i have a caravan in prestatyn (dont worry i am half welsh from anglesey so it is allowed!!) so i am in wales most weekends. maybe we can have a swop meet?

Back
Top Bottom