Good First Horror Movie For My 11 Year Old

Quote:
I'm with you... I HATE them. I don't do anything even remotely scary. I don't even do the haunted mansion at disneyland. I watched poltergeist at a friend's birthday party when I was 8 and that clinched it. No scary movies for me, ever!

me either my kids make fun of me cause i am a wimp

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/
"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" starring Kim Darby from 1973. Obviously, you'd have to find it as a rental.

Scared me to death when I was a kid, not really bloody, just really, really spooky.
Here is the plot synopsis:

A neurotic housewife named Sally and her business exec husband move into Sally's family house, a spooky two story Victorian mansion. When Sally starts the redecorating along with her pompous decorator she comes across a locked room in the house. After arguing with the handyman who insists she should leave the room locked, she finally gets the key. But once she opens her father's old study and has the bricks from the fireplace removed, strange things begin to happen. Sally begins to see small creatures everywhere, but no one will believe her. Her husband dismisses her as neurotic and her friend thinks Sally may be losing her mind. But things take a deadly serious turn when the decorator trips at the top of the stairs and falls to his death. Sally sees a rope lying across the place where he tripped, but when she picks it up to take it, a horrifying little creature pulls it from her grasp. Is she crazy? Or has Sally released demons in the house, demons her father summoned?​

Amittyville Horror....there is very little blood except the very end. That was the first one my son and I watched together too.
wink.png

Quote:
ooh i hate the amityville horror with the son that kills everyone..that scene where hes in the attic and the camera is spinning around and then stops on his demonic face still freaks me out!

hide.gif

Quote:
That was one of my first flics like that to watch at a friends slumber party and then her dad went outside and knocked on the window! We all screamed to high heaven. He had a good laugh though and we attacked him... that's what he gets... a bunch of little girls attacking him can be just as frightening as a zombie. neener neener.

Then I went to another party and they had some kind of tarantula movie...tarantulas were getting shipped in accidentally with a crates of oranges and they took over the whole town and the spider bites killed people.

I'd never remember the title because where do old flicks like that go anyway?

but it does remind me of the movie...arachnophobia.

I just loved Night of the Living Dead. It was filmed near where I grew up. They filmed most of it in an old coal mine... believe it or not... and my mom's cousins and some of her friends were extras...

Cool movie... bet your child will love it.

D

Back
Top Bottom