Good hens with jumbo eggs?

Second the Golden Comet. Our two (currently 14 months old) lay jumbo or larger every single day.
Does quantity of eggs matter or just size?
With 6 adults living in my house big eggs daily would be great but probably unrealistic. Our 4 hens are pets first and our yard is not huge. We could add 2 hens but that's it.

Don't forget that hens who lay super sized eggs often suffer from laying related issues.
Being new to chicken owner, I didn't think of that. Maybe I'll just not worry about the bigger egg size and just get regular everyday hens like I have. They've been supplying me with plenty of good eggs on a very regular basis. They are very friendly and easy to care for. We love them.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS.

Leghorns have the personality of A paranoid schizophrenic with an amphetamine habit

I protest. You must not have met anyone with schizophrenia, or you would know they don't use drugs as the terror from their condition is tortuous enough.

Anyway, we're still in possession of eight 3-month-old white leghorns we raised for a neighbor, and they're not so bad.
Definitely on the jumpy side and inclined to get themselves into trouble when startled. But they are docile enough and really nice to each other, no pecking or fighting or hogging feed, and they don't roam far from the coop.

Back
Top Bottom