Good luck with lee

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kmoreau, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Kmoreau

Kmoreau Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    All of you on the gulf coast are in my thoughts and prayers. I know here in new orleans we are preparing for the worst, it looks like a wet and flooding week ahead. My duckies are being locked up in the shed because of the heavy winds and downpours. Tonight, I figured they would put up a fight cause they dont like to be locked up, but it must have been bothered cause they followed me in, and haven't made a peep.

I hope everyone stays safe and dry, and hope everyone's duckies stay Safe!!

Good luck

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Mine are out enjoying the river in the back yard already. Not very windy here yet. Managed to clean their house this morning and get their bed cleaned and fresh bedding during the lull this morning. Bedding isn't exactly super dry, but how is a bit wet worse than filled with nasty poop lol

3. Kmoreau

Kmoreau Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Haha yea, we are in the middle of moving so my husband and I had to camp out in the living room last night. Lost power sometime in the middle of the night. Whenever i heard the wind die down I could hear the duckies playing outside, then the wind would pick up and they would go back in their room. This morning they were enjoying the back yard lake. Jumping off the patio into some pretty deep puddles. Needless to say, my beautiful white pekins are now dirty mucky brown. I am sure this will last until Tuesday

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I know ya'll are getting the brunt of it but we are hoping and praying for some of that rain to get here. we're very dry. [​IMG] hope ya'll get through it with out any problems. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by