Good morning from Griffin Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by miatadude, Feb 5, 2017.

1. miatadude

miatadude New Egg

Feb 5, 2017
    Griffin Georgia
    We are part time farmers of mainly vegetables but just planted 58 pecan trees, 10 pear trees, 12 apple trees and blue berries and black berries. I want to raise 4-5 chickens for eggs. Looking forward to gaining knowledge and plans to build a chicken tractor.

2. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, miatatude, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! Wow! That's quite an orchard you planted! Hope you wil be up to knees in the fruits (and nuts) of that labor soon. Enjoy your farm and new chickens!

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Your orchard and berries sound wonderful! You might like to chat with other gardeners on the Gardening forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16176/gardening

BYC also has a sister site: TheEasyGarden.com (you can find a link to it at the bottom of the screen).

Thanks for joining us!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Enjoy all life has to offer! :)

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under miatadude [​IMG] Welcome!

Peacan’s, blue berries and berries [​IMG] Yum! I am coming to visit!

I wanted to grow an apple tree but read that a cold snap or frost was needed for the tree to fruit .. yeah, like that is going to happen here so I settled on a Mandarin [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

PS. You might also want to check out the Learning Centre: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    and say “Hello” on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by