Good old flashlight

Shared Acres

Songster
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
Northeast Fla
We have Silkies and Showgirls, but are currently housing some Orps and other larger birds.

For the second day in a row I let the coop open during the day for the big birds to get out and I left my silkie in the run.

Last night, I go to the coop with the big flashlight in hand as it had gotten dark. As I walk into the run, I see something clinging to the top corner of the inside of the run. A very possum!

I wacked him with the flash light. He drops to the ground, I freak out and invision engraged diseased animal jumping up in my face-ala movie style.

Possum jumps up and runs out of coop and into woods, my labrador at her heels.

I check the chicken house, and all chickens are fine.

We have the coop COMPLETELY covered with chicken wire, so if the door is close it shouldn't be able to get back in. Hubby is upset that I left the door open at all.

Friggin possum.

LOL I can just picture ya in the coop bashin opossums in the head with a flashlight! There nasty critters aint they? They dont taste very good either... and there GREASY!
sickbyc.gif

I hate possums too. I was putting the kittens to bed the other night and came around the corner of the coop to find an enormous possum eating the cat food (I know... stupid me for leaving it out). It was the size of a medium size dog. Think Rodent of Unusual Size. Uggg. I threw a milk crate at it. Twice. Hopefully next time I will remember the shotgun.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom