Things you wish you could say

No, I grew up in NJ.
I’m not saying SF Bay is the worst weather in the US, but I wouldn’t say 50-60 in the summer is mild. Just as I wouldn’t claim the 90’s here in Atlanta in summer is enjoyable.
It seems Mark Twain would agree with me.
Mark Twain probably be rolling over in his grave right now.

Mark Twain “The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco”
Never warm there ☹️
That's in SF. There are a lot of towns and cities in the SF Bay Area. I lived for over 50 years in the same house in Sonoma County. In the winter the lowest temps ever were in the 20s and it usually gets below freezing only a few times during the winter (and never snows). It does get into the 90s and 100s in the summer (100s in the last 5 years or so), but where I lived usually didn't get that hot because of the breezes coming in from the ocean.

Mark Twain “The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco”
Never warm there ☹️
If that was the coldest weather Mark Twain ever experienced, I'm thinking he did not travel to any place that I would consider actually cold!

Or else he was just exaggerating to make a point (given what else he wrote, I think that is pretty likely.)

As for whether it is ever warm: that depends on your definition of "warm." When snow is first starting to melt after a long northern winter, anything over 32 degrees is warm.

The SF Bay Area has very mild weather. Not too hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter. The problem is, that wonderful climate makes everyone want to live there, which is why it is also known as SuperExpensiveLand.
Got $210 per gallon of gas? Of course you do!

Back
Top Bottom