Good online chick hatcheries?

The only hatchery I mainly deal with is McMurray hatchery. In all the years I have ordered from them I have only had 4 chicks arrive dead on arrival (out of 100s of chicks). I am a very satisfied customer of theirs. I have always received exactly what I have requested.

I only have experience with Welp, but am VERY pleased with the quality of the birds I got. They are still young and growing, but seem to be of a better quality than some I've seen of the same breeds. A lot of folks consider hatchery birds "poor quality," but I am very happy with what I got. They all arrived healthy, only issue I had was that one silkie chic had 6 toes on each foot instead of the 5 required for the bird to be show quality. And it doesn't bother her in the least!

I would love to show one day, but for now I am completely happy with my babies from Welp!

My local feed stores have LOADS of chicks in the spring. I also have a hatchery about an hour away from where I live.

So this spring, I think I'm going to save some little chicks from the stores! And if I can't find the breeds I really want--its off to the hatchery!

Thanks everyone! I'll keep you preferred online hatcheries in mind ~
smile.png

We also ordered from my pet chicken because of the 3 minimum rule and were very happy with the health of the girls.

I,ve had the least amount of problems with Cackle. several of the others I've used either can't sex chicks, keep postponing shipments, or ship chicks without notifying me they are on their way early. Several of the ones mentioned are guilty. Cackle is hard to reach by phone before early afternoon, but have good birds & are very nice people.

If you want sexed and just a few my pet chicken... I highly reccomnend the organic one time use gro gel from murray mcmurray..love all my chicks from my et chicken orer soon they are going fast..

Last I ordered chicks, I got them from Ideal. I ordered 25, they shipped me 26 and one was DOA. I imagine they would have credited it to me, but I never called because I knew we wouldn't be ordering another batch any time soon. This year I'm hoping (if I can get a job) to order from Cackle because their minimum is 15 (Ideal's is 25) and I can mix and match with chicks, turkeys, ducks and geese. Cackle isn't great if you want a lot of variety in your chickens, but I'm planning on ordering 8 ducks, 2 geese and 5 turkeys from them and then getting a handful of chicks from MPC.

Back
Top Bottom