Good pigeon diet?

SniperGoose

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 15, 2018
Central PA
I was wondering what you guys feed your pigeons? Currently, I feed mine this feed:

https://www.chewy.com/browns-bird-l...aign=f&utm_content=Brown's&utm_term={keyword}

I've heard really good things about Purgrain too, but haven't tried it. Considering switching to that once they go through my current stock of Brown's. My pigeons are simply pets, and are not for show/racing/breeding if that helps. They're always offered grit as well. Do they need any additional vitamins/probiotics/etc? And do they need any greens in their diet?

Thanks in advance!

I have heard good comments about Browns, never any criticism. Do you have to pay to have it shipped?

Purgrain isn't also considered very good!
A local place actually carries it. The only negative in my opinion is cost, but after trying the agway brand that was 28 instead of 35-37 I’d much prefer the browns. I guess you get what you pay for in this case

A local place actually carries it. The only negative in my opinion is cost, but after trying the agway brand that was 28 instead of 35-37 I’d much prefer the browns. I guess you get what you pay for in this case
I get a mix from a local bird feed dealer/feed mill @ around 25$. It has a little dust but overall I'm happy with it. I do add some safflower and in winter corn ...
Oh!! I meant to say Purgrain is GOOD!

Purgrain is what the person who I got them fed and recommended. I liked the look and price but I can’t find it anywhere locally or even find somewhere to order it :/ once this agway feed is gone I’m most definitely going back to the browns until I can source something better or i may resort to mixing my own again

Back
Top Bottom