Good shipped eggs!!!???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brandibaby23, Jan 5, 2011.

1. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    I got 14 serama silkie mixed eggs from ebay, and today is day 5, I candled and only 2 are not growing. I know you aren't supposed to count your eggs til they hatch lol but my last batch of shipped eggs not one even started!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    I have never had eggs shipped, I am so scared of the let down and the money wasted. I hope this batch works better for you!

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I both ship eggs and get shipped eggs on a regular basis. If the seller knows what they're doing, you have an excellent chance of getting a great hatch. In the last several months I've had hatches that have been 9/10 and 16/18. You can't ask for much better than that. The eggs that hatched that were 16 out of 18 went from CA to TN! So believe me, if the seller knows what they're doing, you can have a great hatch!!

Laurie

4. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    That's awesome!!!

It's always a risk with shipped eggs, becuase you just never know what the USPS will do to those eggs. I've had some excellent hatch rates with shipped eggs, and then some not so good ones. So best of luck to you.

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Wahoo!!! [​IMG] That's excellent. I've got serama eggs coming in the mail tomorrow. I hope I have the same luck as you. [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    In the past three years of getting eggs shipped to me, I've only had one shipment where I was extremely disappointed. I don't know if it was fertility or the P.O., but the amount of $ I paid for one chick was pretty ridiculous.

I think from here on out, if I can pay for shipping and a small fee, I'll have eggs shipped. Otherwise, I'll be sticking with my own eggs or eggs I can find locally.

7. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    thanks for the the good luck's everyone and good luck to all of you as well!!!!! I will put up a post if they hatch lol [​IMG] they are due on the 21st cross fingers

8. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Good luck with your hatch!! I just threw out a whole batch of blue orps (shipped and quit) and the other day a batch of mottled laves (shipped and quit)- I do have some FBCM that were shipped, and 18 out of 23 went into lockdown last nite-they were all in the same bator and shipped from the same state...but the marans are doing great!!! I now have some phoenix and silver sussex in the bator- they got stuck at the PO over the weekend though...EEEKKK!!! Im gonna buy chicks after this one.... phew!!! Its not so bad if the eggs are shipped from close by- Ive done OK on those...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by