Good show chickens??

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kkelley01, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kkelley01

kkelley01 Hatching

Jul 29, 2014
    Central, upper us
    I am looking for high quality chickens to show in my county fair. Any breeds? Pics? Please help :)

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - Are you looking to purchase chickens from someone here or just looking for suggestions to consider? If you are wanting to purchase, it would be helpful to include your location so that people will know if they are near to you or not before offering any breeder referrals, birds they have, etc.

3. Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful learning center [​IMG]

BYC has a very good Buy-Sell-Trade Trend you should really check it out and do you know what breed of chicken you are looking for [​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Crowing

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Sarah! Glad you decided to join our flock. Kelsie2290 has given you some good links to check out. Mille Fleur D'uccles are always popular in shows and seem to win best of breed more than any of the other breeds that I have seen in shows. Many years ago, I had a pair (hen and rooster) from Murray McMurray Hatchery of all places, that won best of breed (male and female) in the Hunt County fair. No one was more surprised than I was. :eek:) You can look them up on google and see what they look like (very beautiful birds). Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with in getting your show birds.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Crowing

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Sorry, I had copied the welcome line from an earlier post and forgot to take Sarah's name out of it. I doubt your name is Sarah too. There's nothing wrong with my memory; it's just short. :eek:)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When you have 20 posts you can participate in the BYC buy,sell, trade forum -and wanted to buy ads as well.

You can get 20 posts quickly if you welcome new members just like we are doing here.

Nowadays if you want a cockerel, it's a buyers market - often many breeds - show quality, very good prices so they won't end up in stew pot.

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Good luck in the show circuit and welcome to our flock!

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: