Goodbye, Darling Ringo

LisaJean I am sorry to hear about your beloved cat, I had tears in my eyes as I read this, it is hard to have to have an animal put to sleep. I know I have had to have two cats put to sleep over the years one to Mouth Cancer and the other to Feline Leukemea So I know the pain you are feeling now, but remember your Ringo is now in no pain, this is what I tell myself everytime I start tearing up about my two. again I am very sorry for your loss. Remember Time slowly heals.
God Bless.

That is so sad. It's better when we can be there to hold their furry hands (or feathery) when they enter the next world. Whatever that may be. So sorry.
hugs.gif

Thanks everyone, for the kind words. I just went into my room a minute ago and automatically looked for Ringo in his favorite spot on the corner of the bed, before I remembered.

His little food dish is still in there. Also a little miniature armchair that I bought for him, that he used to lay on.

I don't even have a picture of him. I'm so bummed by that.

I only had Ringo for a short time. Less than two years. I've only been a cat owner myself since 2000, so I have been fortunate not to have to say goodbye to one of my long-time kitties yet. I don't know how I am going to handle it.

Like I said above, Ringo has his spot on the bed. He slept on the right-hand side, right at the very head of the bed. I think it's because I sleep on the right side, and he liked to be near me.

One night not too long after he came to me, I was sitting up in bed reading, which I don't often do. And I was right over in the far right corner, to be near the light on the end table.

So Ringo jumps up on the bed, heads for his spot. Sees me in it. Stares at me. Growls. Sits down, starts swishing his tail, narrows his eyes.

"Mmoww."

"I'm sorry Ring, but I'm reading, and I need to be near the light."

"Mmmowwwww."

"It's a king sized bed. Find room."

"MMMOWWWWWWW!"

"Look, cat, I don't care if I'm in your spot. This is my bed, the entire bed is MY SPOT. I let you have a corner of it out of the goodness of my heart."

".....Moww...."

"Same to you."

He was a funny cat. God I miss him. I told myself that once he was gone, I would make my bedroom a cat-free zone. But I can't bear to not have one of them snuggled up with me at night.

I am sorry for your loss it is the bad side of ownership that we have to take these steps to make sure our friends go and not suffer. Last year I had to put our cat Hobbs down he was so thin and stopped eating then 9 days later I had to put our gaurd dog down he was fuzzy and I didn't see how thin he was till he was at the end of his life. He had always come to see us when we came home he still did but I could tell he was not good.
I told my animals not to worry and all is well and they need not try to stay and it would be blackness but then they would be in pet heaven and then they could play all day and all would be grand they could say hello to our other pets that had gone before them and all enimies would be friends. but most important THEY WERE THE LUCKY ONES they got to go to heaven and we still are left here.

Rhayden

Back
Top Bottom