Goodbye, see you again in probably 80 years...(Pic on page 1)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvinmychickens, Dec 9, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    A few years ago, I lost my dear Kam (aka Kam-a-lam-a-ding-dong)... [​IMG] He was 18 months old. He is a Weimaraner. He died from bloat.
    In the summer (of 2011) I lost my dear Glacier (aka G-Dog)... [​IMG] She was 13 (ALMOST 14) years old. She is a Samoyed. We put her down because she was really sick.

And now, this morning around 2 am, I lost my dear Darby... She is 8, and is also a Weimaraner. We put her down because of bloat. We knew what it was this time, because it has happened before. So rather than letting her suffer, we had her put down... [​IMG] I miss her so much. The last picture we got was of her head on my moms shoulder- Which was taken yesterday. We are so lucky we got a picture (such a sweet picture) of her yesterday.

MISS YOU DARBS! RIP GIRL! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Will post picture later, I'm too weepy to upload it now...... [​IMG])

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. CherryChick

CherryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. [​IMG]

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    So very sorry! [​IMG]

4. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    SOOOOOOOO Sorry hun <3Hugs<3 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, I know how you feel, I lost my beloved Pomeranian, Cosmo in early October....Had to put him down due to many health issues......Hugs to you, my friend!

Sharon [​IMG]:hugs

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So sad to lose a good friend...very sorry.

7. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks guys... This is the second dog I had to put down this year, which makes it even harder. Now I only have ONE dog. (Which isn't a lot for us! But we're gonna spoil Bailey. [​IMG]) Poor Bailey (Shes a Weim too) she's gonna be lonely, but we are gonna take her running in the morning, take her places where dogs are aloud, spoil her. [​IMG]

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. But I'm sure Darby is happy without the bloat problem. You guys did the right thing for her. [​IMG]

9. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Yeah... Yesterday she kept on puking (maybe 7 times?)... And when my Dad came home he said that it looks like bloat, but my mom didn't agree. She slept on the couch with Darby, and around 1 am, they said it was time. She got an xray and she was twisting... [​IMG]

10. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Here she is. Her floppy ears... Big nose.... Giant chest.... Crippled hips.... [​IMG] Miss you girl.... Rip.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by