Goodbye, see you again in probably 80 years...(Pic on page 1)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvinmychickens, Dec 9, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Songster

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    A few years ago, I lost my dear Kam (aka Kam-a-lam-a-ding-dong)... [​IMG] He was 18 months old. He is a Weimaraner. He died from bloat.
    In the summer (of 2011) I lost my dear Glacier (aka G-Dog)... [​IMG] She was 13 (ALMOST 14) years old. She is a Samoyed. We put her down because she was really sick.

And now, this morning around 2 am, I lost my dear Darby... She is 8, and is also a Weimaraner. We put her down because of bloat. We knew what it was this time, because it has happened before. So rather than letting her suffer, we had her put down... [​IMG] I miss her so much. The last picture we got was of her head on my moms shoulder- Which was taken yesterday. We are so lucky we got a picture (such a sweet picture) of her yesterday.

MISS YOU DARBS! RIP GIRL! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Will post picture later, I'm too weepy to upload it now...... [​IMG])

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

2. CherryChick

CherryChick Songster

Apr 27, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. [​IMG]

3. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    So very sorry! [​IMG]

4. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Songster

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    SOOOOOOOO Sorry hun <3Hugs<3 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, I know how you feel, I lost my beloved Pomeranian, Cosmo in early October....Had to put him down due to many health issues......Hugs to you, my friend!

Sharon [​IMG]:hugs

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member 8 Years

May 11, 2010
    So sad to lose a good friend...very sorry.

7. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Songster

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks guys... This is the second dog I had to put down this year, which makes it even harder. Now I only have ONE dog. (Which isn't a lot for us! But we're gonna spoil Bailey. [​IMG]) Poor Bailey (Shes a Weim too) she's gonna be lonely, but we are gonna take her running in the morning, take her places where dogs are aloud, spoil her. [​IMG]

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Crowing Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. But I'm sure Darby is happy without the bloat problem. You guys did the right thing for her. [​IMG]

9. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Songster

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Yeah... Yesterday she kept on puking (maybe 7 times?)... And when my Dad came home he said that it looks like bloat, but my mom didn't agree. She slept on the couch with Darby, and around 1 am, they said it was time. She got an xray and she was twisting... [​IMG]

10. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Songster

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Here she is. Her floppy ears... Big nose.... Giant chest.... Crippled hips.... [​IMG] Miss you girl.... Rip.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by