>>Goose Attack<< (graphic)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My precious baby Nibbles....
    [​IMG]

I SO Strongly advise against penning ducks with geese!!

This is the sweetest duck you've ever met, she doesnt even start fights.

I went out to let everyone loose this morning and this is what i found...

my perfect little baby girl, Nibbles..just MANGLED! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She got a little beat up last week but i thought maybe it was Sidney, getting back into his groove after being sick. But then i found her this morning like this & the geese were the only ones in the pen with her besides my young chocolate Scovies.

this is not the first time, we rehomed our last Roman Tufted pair partly because of a chicken & duck attack they did, they blinded & nearly killed my leghorn hen & beat up a duck hen pretty good.

These geese are SO GONE. I am just DONE with this crap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    poor baby! Just keep her warm, ointment on the wounds & in a safe spot! maybe some vit's in her might help. OMG, i hate geese!!! They scare me so much. She looks so sweet! reminds me of the wild one that comes up to my house.

3. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    Aww, that so sad. I've always heard geese are mean.

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

She immediately got a warm bath, dried & Neosporin... needless to say, she will be staying in the house for a while....

and the geese will be leaving... again.

They're not even my stupid geese!! i am so mad still [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    OMG that is horrible! Poor sweet baby [​IMG]

I hope she gets better soon... glad she survived at all, that looks really bad.

Yep, I would so get rid of those geese fast they wouldn't know what hit 'em.

No mean pet deserves a home.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    poor poor poor baby!!! its breaking my heart! I dont have geese because they scare me ad I never will-I have nothing against anyone who has them infact Ive heard alot of good things abot them and how they are with other animals-I will just never temp fate on my end-I dont blame you for getting rid of them and Im sorry for that too--please keep us updated on that precious little baby ....

7. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    That poor sweet little angel. I hope she will be ok. Good luck with her. So sorry this happened.

8. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I really hope she'll be okay. Please don't think I'm picking on you but after being beaten up last week, why would you let her back in with the geese? My geese absolutely HATE my ducks, all except for my Calls, and we even have them penned on different sides of the property.

I hope she makes a full recovery and I would definitely NOT let her anywhere near the geese. She's an absolutely gorgeous duck. Give her lots of love and treats, as I'm sure you will.

Laurie

9. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG ! [​IMG] Poor Nibbles! Oh do please keep us updated on her. What a awful time she must of had & a terrible thing for you to wake up to. So sorry this happened, Bleenie. [​IMG]

10. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Wow~that is horrible.

I thought I read on different websites Tufted Romans were friendly & gentle. That must only be with people perhaps?

I think I will now reevaluate getting a pair of geese this coming spring for sure.

I hope Nibbles heals up very quickly. Poor thing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by