>>Goose Attack<< (graphic)

Sounds like the geese should get ate..but that's my answer to all problem critters.. I hope Nibbles has a fast recovery though, poor little duckling!

OMG...poor girl! I have five geese in with my thirty ducks and so far so good...if they ever trashed my ducks or a duck, there is plenty of room in the freezer...I would be mad about that and tho I love them, I truly loath any form of a bully...the goose really did a tap dance on poor Nibbles...
somad.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Funnier avatar!

Yeah, sometimes what the birds' brains are thinking and the humans' brains are thinking don't always jive...had entertained the notion of getting a goose a few times but I think the original plan is just call ducks...glad I slept on that idear.

Very sorry to hear about your sweet Nibbles. Where the geese raised around the ducks?

I have geese, ducks and chickens housed together and have never had an attack like that or any attack for that matter. Now mine have plenty of space to get away from each other and they were raised together from babies, so maybe that is why.

I thought it was the drake the first time. He just came out of a weird illness & i figured it was just him getting his "groove" back. Didnt think anything of the geese doing it because Sidney had been away for so long.

The first time she just had a very small bald spot & a little blood on her head and a couple scratches on her back... like Drake feet, like Sidney stood on her & slipped. and assumed the damage on the back of her head was from his attempt at breeding.

Sid was locked out last night because i couldnt get him out of the creek with some of the others, so now I KNOW it was the evil geese.

ETA: These ones i am unsure of wether they were raised around ducks or not but the old pair were raised WITH all of our ducks and chickens & they still attacked both.

Last edited:
Poor baby! Just ate a rhode island red rooster for attacking my ducks. I do have 3 toulouse geese with my call ducks and never had any problems. This is how mean mine are. This goose is broody! Not brooded with ducks,raised by other geese.
confusedduck.jpg

Saddest thing I have seen today. When will the interracial violence end. I hope that cute duck has a good lawyer if not I have a Rhode Island Red (Agnus) she is terrific at handling these types of cases. I would like to join in the eating/disposing of your evil doers. What a cute duck I hope it can make it.

Poor girl!
sad.png

I house my ducks and geese together...but its not mating season so..that could be why its working out..
although...2 days ago my dogs got loose inmy back yard and killed a few ducks and a rooster..
hit.gif

But i found my remaining 3 alive ducks being protected by my male goose (and my dogs are a Saint Bernard an an English mastiff...not little dogs..)...the ducks were hiding behind the goose and he was defending them..

Poor Nibbles. I do hope she's okay. The only birds that share a pasture with my geese are my guineas and they simply fly up and raise cain if they geese get aggressive. Geese are so large and strong compared to most barnyard fowl that I'm leery of keeping them together.

Most of my geese are very sweet and not all geese are mean. I have a little girl goose who is the sweetest thing ever--but I do have one gander that is about to become Christmas dinner.

Back
Top Bottom