>>Goose Attack<< (graphic)

Greenfamilyfarms,

no offense, but, I think these geese are just mean anyway. We had a pair earlier this year that we hand raised from day olds & they did the same thing to a chicken & a duck. they nearly killed the chicken & blinded her. she ended up losing the back part of her comb because they chewed her up so bad. They were raised in the same pen & free ranged everyday with them. they were about 1yr old when they did it.

They were also Roman Tufted's... I know they're not all mean though...

There's a BIG Chinese Goose at the feed store that's the sweetest thing i've ever seen, she loves being petted. We had an Embden/Toulouse pair a while back that was also good with the other birds. the Toulouse hen was also from an abusive home where they finally abandoned her.

We didnt get Chinese because we heard such bad things about their attitudes, instead we decided on the RT's because we heard so much good about how sweet they are.

I just wont have geese anymore, just going to stick with my duckies from now on.

This is peggy, the girl that was attacked by our first pair. it also happened at night.
100_2884.JPG
100_2886.JPG

I have High Hopes for Nibbles though, Here is Peggy almost fully recovered. she was permanently blind on one side though. Her comb didnt always flop like before either.

100_2854.JPG
100_2855.JPG

Last edited:
ep.gif
Poor Nibbles! And your poor hen too!
hit.gif

Cracked corn and yogurt have a good source of protein that will help her feathers grow.

I hope she gets better!
fl.gif

It looks like your hen is doing quite well!
big_smile.png
She's very pretty. I'm sorry about her blind eye.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, unless they are raised together from a young age, they will be aggressive towards other species. That's just their nature. Also, that's exactly why I have mine. They keep all the undesirables out of my yard and pasture. They do a better job than my Great Pyrenees.

(clears throat) if you need anyone to rub out a couple of geese I know a guy....... (this guy) ... I also get rid of problem chickens and the likes. hehehe..hehehe..

that hen that was beaten up looks like such a darling. I am glad she got better ... animal on animal violence, when will it end?

Quote:
OMG! hehehe.. BOOOOOOO!!!!

oh lets remember that chickens are violent too.. anyone who has ordered 25 knows that they will kill each other if given the chance. I have had many a chicken missing feathers and the culprits then were their own brothers and sisters.

It probably is, I posted them this early this morning/late last night. I am going to give them a week, if theyre not gone by next weekend they're going to the auction.

I'm still MAD but i know it's in their nature & it's more their owners fault for not getting their pen finished. So I am trying to give them a chance at a good home before they go to the auction.

Back
Top Bottom