>>Goose Attack<< (graphic)

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
My precious baby Nibbles....
100_2267.JPG

I SO Strongly advise against penning ducks with geese!!

This is the sweetest duck you've ever met, she doesnt even start fights.

I went out to let everyone loose this morning and this is what i found...

my perfect little baby girl, Nibbles..just MANGLED!
hit.gif
hit.gif

She got a little beat up last week but i thought maybe it was Sidney, getting back into his groove after being sick. But then i found her this morning like this & the geese were the only ones in the pen with her besides my young chocolate Scovies.

this is not the first time, we rehomed our last Roman Tufted pair partly because of a chicken & duck attack they did, they blinded & nearly killed my leghorn hen & beat up a duck hen pretty good.

These geese are SO GONE. I am just DONE with this crap.

100_5009.JPG

100_5010.JPG

100_5011.JPG

100_5005.JPG

100_5006.JPG

100_5008.JPG

Last edited:
poor baby! Just keep her warm, ointment on the wounds & in a safe spot! maybe some vit's in her might help. OMG, i hate geese!!! They scare me so much. She looks so sweet! reminds me of the wild one that comes up to my house.

She immediately got a warm bath, dried & Neosporin... needless to say, she will be staying in the house for a while....

and the geese will be leaving... again.

They're not even my stupid geese!! i am so mad still
somad.gif
he.gif

OMG that is horrible! Poor sweet baby
sad.png

I hope she gets better soon... glad she survived at all, that looks really bad.

Yep, I would so get rid of those geese fast they wouldn't know what hit 'em.

No mean pet deserves a home.

poor poor poor baby!!! its breaking my heart! I dont have geese because they scare me ad I never will-I have nothing against anyone who has them infact Ive heard alot of good things abot them and how they are with other animals-I will just never temp fate on my end-I dont blame you for getting rid of them and Im sorry for that too--please keep us updated on that precious little baby ....

I really hope she'll be okay. Please don't think I'm picking on you but after being beaten up last week, why would you let her back in with the geese? My geese absolutely HATE my ducks, all except for my Calls, and we even have them penned on different sides of the property.

I hope she makes a full recovery and I would definitely NOT let her anywhere near the geese. She's an absolutely gorgeous duck. Give her lots of love and treats, as I'm sure you will.

Laurie

Wow~that is horrible.

I thought I read on different websites Tufted Romans were friendly & gentle. That must only be with people perhaps?

I think I will now reevaluate getting a pair of geese this coming spring for sure.

I hope Nibbles heals up very quickly. Poor thing.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom