Goose behaviour with humans

LucyBrucey

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
My goose, over the last month, has become trusting enough to gently put her beak on my shoulder. Every morning, we sit by the pond and share an apple from the tree and in the last week, she has come close enough to brush past me and has allowed me to stroke her body. This morning, she started pushing at me, and poking me with her beak. Not sure of the message, and if it is the beginning of aggressive behaviour, how to handle it?

My goose, over the last month, has become trusting enough to gently put her beak on my shoulder. Every morning, we sit by the pond and share an apple from the tree and in the last week, she has come close enough to brush past me and has allowed me to stroke her body. This morning, she started pushing at me, and poking me with her beak. Not sure of the message, and if it is the beginning of aggressive behaviour, how to handle it?
Does she have a mate? if not your it. and thats the message she is sending. I see my goose do the same thing to my gander right before they mate, they even do a little wrestling.

welcome-byc.gif

Another warm and fuzzy goose story...fun to read. Sounds like a young goose and a goose that is getting used to having treats...lol Since the goose has a mate you must be making a friend. Next time giving treats try for the gradual pet while handing the treat(apple) over. It is nice to have at least one goose from a batch be human friendly...

If yours becomes friendly like that you are going to share some unique time with your pet... been there and still enjoying it.. Steve

Back
Top Bottom