GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

Candled my 10 eggs again tonight and seen that two I thought were fertile were not so have 8 growing and a maybe one might have stopped will check again in a few days...

i have gotten 0 goose eggs still i dont even know where to look for the eggs at do they lay all hours of the day or only in the morning cause my geese stay in the coop until 8 am i know my duck go in and out of there coop when they want and i have to look for eggs out side only found 2 the other was in the coop so will geese only lay in the morning

Not all geese lay in the early morning hours. I have geese that lay in late morning as well as late afternoon.

Yesterday was day 27 on my 8 shipped chinese goose eggs... I felt they looked odd, so I opened them up, all 8 were rotten... *sigh* I hatched 4 gosling from 6 local eggs prior to trying shipped eggs.. but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Suggestions? I have a small STILL-AIR incubator, I know it is not impossible as I've done it before... but I have heard mixed things from articals and people, in your opinions.. do you RAISE the temp. in a still-air incubator???? I've heard it needs to be 2 degrees warmer, but I've also heard that such an increase will be more harmful, than good... My last goose hatch attempt I kept it on 99.5 degrees, with 60 percent humidity.

Yesterday was day 27 on my 8 shipped chinese goose eggs... I felt they looked odd, so I opened them up, all 8 were rotten... *sigh* I hatched 4 gosling from 6 local eggs prior to trying shipped eggs.. but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Suggestions? I have a small STILL-AIR incubator, I know it is not impossible as I've done it before... but I have heard mixed things from articals and people, in your opinions.. do you RAISE the temp. in a still-air incubator???? I've heard it needs to be 2 degrees warmer, but I've also heard that such an increase will be more harmful, than good... My last goose hatch attempt I kept it on 99.5 degrees, with 60 percent humidity.

I have had very good luck just keeping my still air incubator at 99.5 and just filling the water wells whenever they looked low. Sorry to hear about your eggs. I candled and tossed last night, too, and found one that was greenish, cloudy, and actually secreting bubbly liquid. That one was ejected post haste!
sickbyc.gif

My problem right now is fertility. Early in the season and first season for my girls. I'm sure the boys will get it done soon enough.

Not sure why exactly they rot. Just bad eggs, I guess. We free range so there's a possibility that ones I find in the yard that I think are fresh may have been relocated from a nest and are older than they are.

Back
Top Bottom