GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

Sometimes learning takes a little while when you have a bird brain!
lau.gif
He was defiantly confused there for a while, but only when I brought home the goose, before that I don't think he realized he was any different than any of the other ducks, except a bit taller.
tongue.png

Well haven't posted in a few days because I have nothing to report, No broody's and I'm sure no viable eggs now, she laid # 12 today and other than when she goes in of an evening doesn't acknowledge they are there. Whats funny though is when they go inside for the night, Missy will see the nest and starts hollering real loud which then gets Sam going it last for just a few minutes then she lays down on the eggs and all is quiet.
roll.png

Bummer news. I would not assume the eggs are not viable just yet though. Stranger things have happened. Beignet is back to laying regularly, so i can send more eggs if and when Missy does go broody. What happened with Joy?

Well haven't posted in a few days because I have nothing to report, No broody's and I'm sure no viable eggs now, she laid # 12 today and other than when she goes in of an evening doesn't acknowledge they are there. Whats funny though is when they go inside for the night, Missy will see the nest and starts hollering real loud which then gets Sam going it last for just a few minutes then she lays down on the eggs and all is quiet.
roll.png
Maybe she´s just not going to be the real broody type. Do you have any other muscovies laying eggs that may go broody soon?

Body guards 6 of them lol,    it's amazing the bond my gander had with his mama duck, it even took a while to get him to realize the new goose I brought home for him was really a goose and it took him about 5 months to realize he was a goose. and then mating season came and he realized he was a gander too, 

Wow! Haha!

if you really want them to hatch you can start to hear things lol i think i did the first time i tryed hatching egg lol i would try to get the eggs to move by talking to them and they did it to

if you really want them to hatch you can start to hear things lol i think i did the first time i tryed hatching egg lol i would try to get the eggs to move by talking to them and they did it to

Funny you should say that. I had a bantam sitting forever and when it got to be over a month I picked up the eggs to throw them out before they started to smell and heard mad peeping, so put the good eggs back after candling. She hatched two out of four because the little buggers saved themselves by screaming.

Back
Top Bottom