GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

i have got 0 goose eggs still with my 4 mixed geese i m now thinking of getting me a pair of baby geese and wait until this year is over with then wait for geese from my geese if i get no egg they are out of here if they do lay eggs i ll still have the pair of baby geese for breeding next year 
geese typically don't have great fertility in their first breeding season. Unfortunately, we have to be EXTRA patient with them with a lot of time invested.

i got my 2 little pure embdens goslings from a local breed i have meet long ago i got my duckling and chicks turkeys from now i finally got baby geese from her i was wanting to ask is it true they are color sexed as babys
my adult geese white chinese and the mom was embdens

Today is egg laying day for my dewlap girls and I got up early to spy. At first, Shimmer (the grey I thought was laying soft shelled eggs) was on the nest doing her thing, with her best girlfriend, Slate, watching over her. When she was done, Ginger (my buff girl) attempted to go into nest to lay, but Shimmer and Slate bullied her out. Ginger tried over and over to go into box, but the grey girls attacked her. So, I grabbed Slate & Shimmer's eggs (both hard shelled) and relocated Ginger's abandoned nest near the main box. Ginger tested it out, but returned to the main box. It appears that Shimmer/Slate have finally conceded letting Ginger stay there.

In the meantime, I freed our blue duck from our garage. She promptly went into dewlap yard and cruised around, including going over to box, but the greys chased her away with no problem.

I would not be surprised if Ginger's egg is soft shelled, given how badly Shimmer/Slate treated her, but
fl.gif
Ginger's egg is normal.

i got my 2 little pure embdens goslings from a local breed i have meet long ago i got my duckling and chicks turkeys from now i finally got baby geese from her i was wanting to ask is it true they are color sexed as babys
my adult geese white chinese and the mom was embdens
pure Embdens are color sexed as babies with the females being darker then the males. But by a month it's hard to tell.

Today is egg laying day for my dewlap girls and I got up early to spy. At first, Shimmer (the grey I thought was laying soft shelled eggs) was on the nest doing her thing, with her best girlfriend, Slate, watching over her. When she was done, Ginger (my buff girl) attempted to go into nest to lay, but Shimmer and Slate bullied her out. Ginger tried over and over to go into box, but the grey girls attacked her. So, I grabbed Slate & Shimmer's eggs (both hard shelled) and relocated Ginger's abandoned nest near the main box. Ginger tested it out, but returned to the main box. It appears that Shimmer/Slate have finally conceded letting Ginger stay there.

In the meantime, I freed our blue duck from our garage. She promptly went into dewlap yard and cruised around, including going over to box, but the greys chased her away with no problem.

I would not be surprised if Ginger's egg is soft shelled, given how badly Shimmer/Slate treated her, but
fl.gif
Ginger's egg is normal.
Maybe someone just needed a reboot

Well, I just grabbed Ginger's egg and it too is perfectly normal.
wee.gif

Maybe the blue duck really did upset Shimmer when laying.
idunno.gif

Thanks. I hope it will be smooth sailing from here. My girls are reaching the halfway point in season, so I expect they will be done by beginning of May. I had to close my byc listing to make sure I can supply the orders I already have (plus a few in reserve in case anyone receives a bad shipment of eggs from me). I hope to have even more hatching eggs available next year as I have two yearling girls that I'm excited to add to my breeding group.

Thanks.  I hope it will be smooth sailing from here. My girls are reaching the halfway point in season, so I expect they will be done by beginning of May.   I had to close my byc listing to make sure I can supply the orders I already have (plus a few in reserve in case anyone receives a bad shipment of eggs from me).  I hope to have even more hatching eggs available next year as I have two yearling girls that I'm excited to add to my breeding group.
I pray for your success :)

well in that case i got one little girl gosling and one boy i talked to the lady when i was over there getting them she said she gave me the smallest dark one and the biggest light one they think i m there mom they come to me nibble on my fingers and when i let them in the floor i sit down with them and they come and cuddle with me cant wait until they get bigger so i can let them play in the tub oh for got all about the duck eggs found another one today i havent seen a mallard egg in awhile so i cracked it open and it was all good inside the eggs now i will start getting more eggs for the bator my 2 mallard eggs in the bator are doing great

Back
Top Bottom