GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

I don't share my location sorry
hmm.png
& do all geese have to have water to breed?
I'm sorry not trying to be nosy just wondering if your north south east or west to figure out who's laying first and where.

They would prefer water since they are so large but they mate on ground to. mine do.

I'm sorry not trying to be nosy just wondering if your north south east or west  to figure out who's laying first and where.

They would prefer water since they are so large but they mate on ground to. mine do.

West it's ok I don't mind you asking I just very mysterious :p

Ok that's good to know I will keep that in mind. :)

Miss L, mine hasnt started yet either. Havent even heard any honks or seen any behavior changes. You know where i am lol almost your neighbor
Hi 8 yep almost neighbors so ours are just following the same pattern as last year. I reckon. Other than I have "heard" mating lol Just not Missy yet. Poor Toots.

I see Ethels lobe is getting bigger thats about it as far as changes. Then again they could surprise me and i could find an egg soon. My "screamers" are gone and my heavy breeds are pretty sneaky
I looked at Missy and Toots today and no changes yet that I could tell. My 2 ganders are loud they love to holler. for no known reason.

I spent some time with mine this evening. It was warm today, 52° so when DH came home from work he watched the baby while i went to inspect the birds. No eggs, no nest building, nothing out of the normal. Same with the ducks.
I did get to watch the tufted x toulouse gozzie a little closer. I believe its a girl, has a deep voice when it honks. That doesnt mean much though, Stormy screams like her Daddy, Bill, and i know shes a girl. Guess i will just wait and see

Back
Top Bottom