GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

That's Cool Lydia,
thumbsup.gif

I hope you know I wasn't trying to insinuate that you weren't taking care of your birds properly. I know all birds aren't the same, I guess I got lucky with my choose of getting Embdens and ducks. They live together play together, and of course they sometimes fight but usually only when the drakes get overzealous with trying to mount the ducks. Merc I believe thinks all the females are his, goose or duck doesn't matter.

OK be happy, be healthy. KWS

a940f191c0aa55b7196198b9a8d4f3aa.jpg

The older goslings meet the parents

675f8317da7ef1fd200c7bedc4dc775c.jpg

A week old and a day old gosling meet.

Something I decided on the goslings. Unlike chicks, get them out of the bator as soon as they clear the egg. I had one die this morning for no other reason than she thought she was abandoned. She called and cried but I had to feed the other animals and when I came back in she had died. Nothing wrong with her, she has fully hatched, I truly believe she gave up because she thought she had no mommy and died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a940f191c0aa55b7196198b9a8d4f3aa.jpg

The older goslings meet the parents

675f8317da7ef1fd200c7bedc4dc775c.jpg

A week old and a day old gosling meet.

Something I decided on the goslings. Unlike chicks, get them out of the bator as soon as they clear the egg. I had one die this morning for no other reason than she thought she was abandoned. She called and cried but I had to feed the other animals and when I came back in she had died. Nothing wrong with her, she has fully hatched, I truly believe she gave up because she thought she had no mommy and died.

What precious pics, very sorry for your loss. Most everything i have read is wait till the goslings are completely dry and fluffed before tasking them out of the incubator.

Looks like the adults liked the babies. Will the adults get to have them eventually?

I know that's what they say but I have yanked all of these out and held each one of them in a towel until they get dry and calm. They are doing better than the last group.
The humidity is so high 80% they just don't dry off in the bator. They dry quickly when I get them out. I don't dawdle with the top open, its a grab and shut deal. The temp and humidity recover very quickly.
I would not do this with chicks. They do fine left in the bator.

No, they are for sale so the parents do not get to have them. I would have a horrible time getting them back for someone to look at.
I might keep a couple of females (I only have 5 females), I am not sure yet. If I do they will get to go with the group eventually.

I know that's what they say but I have yanked all of these out and held each one of them in a towel until they get dry and calm. They are doing better than the last group.
The humidity is so high 80% they just don't dry off in the bator. They dry quickly when I get them out. I don't dawdle with the top open, its a grab and shut deal. The temp and humidity recover very quickly.
I would not do this with chicks. They do fine left in the bator.

No, they are for sale so the parents do not get to have them. I would have a horrible time getting them back for someone to look at.
I might keep a couple of females (I only have 5 females), I am not sure yet. If I do they will get to go with the group eventually.
That is awesome you can find homes, here geese are not that popular so I have to keep my numbers where I can house and feed so no goslings for me. Congrats on your hatch.

I seem to have a spinner. What's causing this?

I have never seen that before and I am certainly not a vet so take this for what it is worth. With the head movement and the spinning I am guesing something related to the central nervous system. Are they getting enough Niacin? What are you feeding? You can boost their Niacin with Brewers Yeast (not the yeast from the market). GNC and most health food stores carry it. I sure hope the little fellow gets better.

Back
Top Bottom