Goose diapers?

Uh...just tried this site and it has been shut down.

Yes, IndoorDucks.com is shut down. IMHO, Nettie's diapers were the best. Too bad she stopped making them.

Unless you're dying to dress up your goose like a baby doll, Avian Fashions (http://www.flightquarters.com/bird-...Code=AFF&Product_Code=QQ-DH&Category_Code=DGD) or Waddle Wrappers (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waddle-Wrappers/132401986855304) are probably the best places to buy diaper harnesses now. I haven't tried the harnesses from FashionMyFeathers, but I really don't care for all the lace, frills, and bows they put on them.

Quote:

I just wash them by hand, using a mild detergent like shampoo. Very easy. Occasionally they need a scrubbing - I use a nail brush.

Any thoughts on having geese in the house? Does it help them bond even more? Mine have already imprinted me as Mom and they hang out with me when I'm doing yard work.​
I've previously only had outdoor geese. It broke my heart just leaving them outside when they so obviously wanted to be with me inside. Last year I got a gosling and diapered him. He even slept in my bed. As he was a lone gosling I never left him alone for the first 3 or 4 months.​
I can't say whether he has bonded more than he otherwise would have. I would never keep a lone gosling as an outside pet. The other geese I had were two at a time, and they ended up on the Christmas table when they were about 3-5 months old, so they were still just large goslings in their behaviour. I've never had a real grown-up goose before.​
All I can say is that an adult goose is way more independent than goslings. Mine gradually wanted to stay outside more and more, and now he is outside almost all the time. He feels really safe in the yard and mostly comes running to me now when something scares him or he wants a treat.​
I started my goose on the diapers from flightquarters/the goose's mother. They are really small in the diaper area and not at all leak proof. I like Nettie's diapers much better (the ones DuckLover179 mentions) and they're all I use now. They diaper area is big enough for making the diaper pad into a pouch, which helps the goose stay clean. The load of poop mostly doesn't even touch the goose's butt. For a grown goose I pad them with half a size 6 diaper. And the leak guard is wonderful!​
Hey their Goose Girl, I've been called mMother Goose by my neighbors for quite a few years now. I have two geese one large one he's I think a swan goose or just a large white goose with a knob on it and the other she is a brown Chinese goose or African goose they've been my babies since they were like a couple weeks old. I found them and put them in the little tiny box in the saddlebag of my Sportster bringing them home. I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into. I knew nothing about geese everything I learned from was on line. They are my babies, I had bought a kids mini pool (knowing it will be used later) in my home I treated the as if they were my babies. WOW, crazy but they are very smart having their own personality, like you & yours they followed me everywhere they would cuddle up to me fighting who gets closest, too cute. Long story short, they're going on 6 yrs. now I think could be longer, I'd have to look it up, anyways, Jax loves coming in the house if doors are left open she will sneak in and lay somewhere until I either smell her presence or looking for her. She is camflouge with all that is around her. I'd call for searching as I walk right by not knowing she does this without answering me & loving it. But iIever since then they have been very close to me they're spoiled they followed me around like they used it and they fight over who got to sleep on my feet when I'm out in the yard and I get laid on the grass they fight over closest to my neck to lay down when they're little and the white one's sunny he is very very much a mama's boy but aside from all that they are my pets like people have dogs I have geese literally actually they act like my babies they're my babies anyways I'm thinking out now I know they're large keys now but they do like to come in the house especially Jax she's the one that's loves coming in the house and I need to get them diapers and I know they're not going to like them also he likes to wear my bandanas when I come home from my riding but that's about it any suggestions and it's nice to hear somebody else having pet geese.

Nettie here on BYC make poultry diapers (Including geese), so you can order them at: www.indoorducks.com
I'm gonna order mine soon!
wink.png

Quote:
I just wash them by hand, using a mild detergent like shampoo. Very easy. Occasionally they need a scrubbing - I use a nail brush.

Any thoughts on having geese in the house? Does it help them bond even more? Mine have already imprinted me as Mom and they hang out with me when I'm doing yard work.

I've previously only had outdoor geese. It broke my heart just leaving them outside when they so obviously wanted to be with me inside. Last year I got a gosling and diapered him. He even slept in my bed. As he was a lone gosling I never left him alone for the first 3 or 4 months.

I can't say whether he has bonded more than he otherwise would have. I would never keep a lone gosling as an outside pet. The other geese I had were two at a time, and they ended up on the Christmas table when they were about 3-5 months old, so they were still just large goslings in their behaviour. I've never had a real grown-up goose before.

All I can say is that an adult goose is way more independent than goslings. Mine gradually wanted to stay outside more and more, and now he is outside almost all the time. He feels really safe in the yard and mostly comes running to me now when something scares him or he wants a treat.

http://www.flightquarters.com/bird-diapers/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AFF&Category_Code=DGD

I started my goose on the diapers from flightquarters/the goose's mother. They are really small in the diaper area and not at all leak proof. I like Nettie's diapers much better (the ones DuckLover179 mentions) and they're all I use now. They diaper area is big enough for making the diaper pad into a pouch, which helps the goose stay clean. The load of poop mostly doesn't even touch the goose's butt. For a grown goose I pad them with half a size 6 diaper. And the leak guard is wonderful!​

I dunno , duck diapering is one thing, they don't live that long, but a goose can live 30+ years....? LOTTA DIAPER Changes!
hu.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It's really not that bad. I use 5 or 6 diapers a day when he's inside all day (which he very rarely is), and a diaper change takes about 30 seconds. A gosling of course requires more changing since it eats and poops more than an adult.

There's a pattern for chicken diaper harnesses here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/69806/giving-a-free-chicken-diaper-pattern-w-pix

Another way to go is buy a harness and use it as a pattern. I bought those great harnesses Nettie made, but as she's not making them anymore, my dear mother was sweet-talked into making a few copies (I can't sew if my life depended on it), using Nettie's harnesses as the pattern. They turned out very well.

Here is Keld featuring his mom-made diaper harness:

There are pictures of the same style harness alone here: http://indoorducks.com/DHInfo.html

The material is "swimsuit fabric" and between the two layers of the pouch there's some kind of thin waterproof plastic (leak guard).

Back
Top Bottom