Goose doesn't seem right after heat stroke

Unfortunately, she died today. I don't know if we didn't do syringe feed correctly or if it was about time after her not getting enough nutrition for so many days. I hoped the photos and videos would help diagnose before she can get to the vet, but they became her last photos and videos. I'm still sad, just trying to do something to feel better... Please ask more questions or let me know her potential death reasons. Although she has left, I still want to know what happened. We thought about sending her to do a necropsy but decided to bury her instead. I'm still very sad and might not respond quickly.

The loud goose sound appearing in the video came from a gander not in sight, not from her.

WARNING: If you'd feel uncomfortable, please don't watch/look at the videos/images.

-----

She didn't look right tens of minutes after the last syringe feeding. Her breathing didn't look right and had some yellow vomit (?). (She vomited (?) earlier today and in the past few days.)
first.jpg

-----
She tried to get up but couldn't stand up. We tried to make her rest in water (although we didn't know whether that's good at all).
-----
We got her out of water eventually, but she looked very weak.
-----
WARNING: Below are photos after she died. If you'd feel uncomfortable, please don't watch/look at the videos/images.
美洲獅1.jpg

美洲獅2.jpg

美洲獅3.jpg

美洲獅4.jpg

美洲獅5.jpg

美洲獅6.jpg

Unfortunately, she died today. I don't know if we didn't do syringe feed correctly or if it was about time after her not getting enough nutrition for so many days. I hoped the photos and videos would help diagnose before she can get to the vet, but they became her last photos and videos. I'm still sad, just trying to do something to feel better... Please ask more questions or let me know her potential death reasons. Although she has left, I still want to know what happened. We thought about sending her to do a necropsy but decided to bury her instead. I'm still very sad and might not respond quickly.

The loud goose sound appearing in the video came from a gander not in sight, not from her.

WARNING: If you'd feel uncomfortable, please don't watch/look at the videos/images.

-----

She didn't look right tens of minutes after the last syringe feeding. Her breathing didn't look right and had some yellow vomit (?). (She vomited (?) earlier today and in the past few days.)
View attachment 3619165
-----
She tried to get up but couldn't stand up. We tried to make her rest in water (although we didn't know whether that's good at all).
-----
We got her out of water eventually, but she looked very weak.
-----
WARNING: Below are photos after she died. If you'd feel uncomfortable, please don't watch/look at the videos/images.
I’m so so sorry!

Seeing her breathing like that and considering the video you posted before what I think happened is that she had a heart attack.
Severe illness can weaken the heart which is what could have caused this, it’s also possible she could have had a heart problem initially and that she had a heart attack originally and that’s why she was breathing so hard with her head limp in the video you posted several days ago.
I still think she had something wrong with her reproductive organs because it isn’t normal for geese to stop laying at her age, but if it was a congenital abnormality it’s possible she may have had another with her heart, or if she had cancer it could have also spread to her heart.
Whatever the reason I think she did die from a heart attack and that was unavoidable and untreatable.
The important thing is that she passed away surrounded by people she knew and who were trying to take care of her which is the kindest thing. im very sorry!

I’m so so sorry!

Seeing her breathing like that and considering the video you posted before what I think happened is that she had a heart attack.
Severe illness can weaken the heart which is what could have caused this, it’s also possible she could have had a heart problem initially and that she had a heart attack originally and that’s why she was breathing so hard with her head limp in the video you posted several days ago.
I still think she had something wrong with her reproductive organs because it isn’t normal for geese to stop laying at her age, but if it was a congenital abnormality it’s possible she may have had another with her heart, or if she had cancer it could have also spread to her heart.
Whatever the reason I think she did die from a heart attack and that was unavoidable and untreatable.
The important thing is that she passed away surrounded by people she knew and who were trying to take care of her which is the kindest thing. im very sorry!
She had pale legs and beak recently. Before that hot day, her appetite was lower than usual. From your description and what I read in the goose keeping book, given her encountering difficulty to walk and occasional shivering, it indeed looks like she had a heart attack.😢

Thanks for trying to help. She's a beautiful smart nice girl. After the heat wave start day, she played an earthworm; yesterday, while she rested, she played cloth bags; she also bathed in the morning today. She did something she liked before she died, although I still feel sad for losing her.😢

She had pale legs and beak recently. Before that hot day, her appetite was lower than usual. From your description and what I read in the goose keeping book, given her encountering difficulty to walk and occasional shivering, it indeed looks like she had a heart attack.😢

Thanks for trying to help. She's a beautiful smart nice girl. After the heat wave start day, she played an earthworm; yesterday, while she rested, she played cloth bags; she also bathed in the morning today. She did something she liked before she died, although I still feel sad for losing her.😢
I’m so sorry! She was a sweet girl and it’s wonderful that she was happy before she passed on.

Back
Top Bottom