Goose egg air sac too small?

Eafka

Hatching
May 12, 2015
Estonia
Hi!

I currently have my first batch ever of toulouse and chinese goose eggs in incubator. It's day 24 already - so exited!

While candling, however, the air sacs seem to small. I made a marking on day 20 and the sacs haven't grown since then (they look the same as on day 15 or so). The chicks are alive and moving in the egg. Are there any pictures or charts of the right air pocket sizes on each day so I could compare my eggs with it? How to increase the sacs?

Temperature is about 37,2 C ( about 98,9 F) and humidity is about 46-48% (is it even the right regime?)

And is it right to incubate toulouse and chinese eggs together? Do they need a different regime?

Thaks for the answers!

Eafka

Please, what can I do to save the eggs? Should i increase or decrease the humidity or do something else?

EDIT! Its day 25 now. I did some research and it seems that I should decrease the humidity and cool the eggs more. And I shouldn't lock down the eggs yet. But should I still keep turning them or not? And when should I increase the humitity.

And the eggs are currently air cell upwards in the incubator.Should i remove the egg rack and put them on their side instead?

By the way, english is not my first language so some help would be really appreciated...

Eafka

Last edited:
Probably too late to do anything about the size of the air sac at this point. Stop turning at day 26. Place them on their sides. The air sac should have an angle to it from the top of the egg angling down. The side that the air sac angles down to should be on top. On this image, the left side should be facing up when you lay it down to hatch.
Increase humidity to 80%+ after they internally pip.

Thank-you! I have removed the rack and put them on their sides. Hoping for the best...
fl.gif

Day 28: 4 eggs have internally piped and are wobbling
big_smile.png
. The humidity is about 68-69% (too much/little??). I haven't heard any chirping/peeping yet. Is this normal? And should I make saftey holes just in case? Sorry for many questions....

Day 28: 4 eggs have internally piped and are wobbling
big_smile.png
. The humidity is about 68-69% (too much/little??). I haven't heard any chirping/peeping yet. Is this normal? And should I make saftey holes just in case? Sorry for many questions....

If your using Pete's guide then I would also use his time frame. Hope you have a great hatch.

Back
Top Bottom