Goose egg didn't make it, very strange!

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
Hi Everyone! So, today is day 30 of incubating my goose egg. It was moving all around yesterday rocking and rolling. I could see shadows, but there were no peeps yet. Today when I went to check on it, there was no movement. I candled it and the air sac was HUGE! From the top of the egg to the bottom! I have never, in all my hatching days seen the air sac so big! I candled it several times today and I saw no movement at all. I think it's gone. Is it possible that it's just sleeping? I made a little tapping noise on the shell, I shined the light all around and nothing. I have never lost an egg this far along before. The temp is 99.6 and the humidity is at 70, just like I did last year and it was a huge success.

Any guesses as to what went wrong? Could it possibly still be alive? Why is the air cell so huge?

I made a safety hole. It's tiny, but big enough that I could just get a tiny glimpse inside the egg. There was no movement at all. :( I left it alone in the incubator and will hope for the best in the morning. I have never had this happen. I could see that it did internally pip, I just don't know why it stopped. This makes me want to make an automatic safety hole in all my eggs that have internally pipped!

I made a safety hole. It's tiny, but big enough that I could just get a tiny glimpse inside the egg. There was no movement at all. :( I left it alone in the incubator and will hope for the best in the morning. I have never had this happen. I could see that it did internally pip, I just don't know why it stopped. This makes me want to make an automatic safety hole in all my eggs that have internally pipped!
I hope you have better news this morning, I went through same thing last year with our only egg that made it to hatch, this egg was under my goose too. I could hear peeping and tapping on Sat afternoon when I went out Sunday morning I knew right away something was wrong the egg even though under mama wasn't as warm as day before, I made the safe hole and it was too late. I'm still kicking myself for not doing it on Sat when I heard the peeping knowing it was internally pipped.

Back
Top Bottom