goose egg incubation

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bigbird, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bigbird

bigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    How many days does Sebastapol Geese eggs need to incubate? I read that it is anywhere between 28-33 days. If that is the case and you need to stop turning three days before hatch, how would you when to stop? Thanks

2. bearfeet3

bearfeet3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2009
    Stop turing at day 25. good luck! I'm hatching two myself.

3. bigbird

bigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Thanks...also what about humidity? I have a rcom20 which has a fan automatically controls the humidity. Someone read somewhere that you are supposed to take the lid of for 15 min. every day after day 4 and mist them with warm water until the egg has pipped through the sac and then stop and raise humidity. Have you done that with your eggs?

4. bearfeet3

Mar 14, 2009
    I have an rcom mini 3 egg incubator and the day I got these eggs is the day I discovered the top was missing! My incubator controls the humidity also. I put them on the duck setting and made a makeshift top which I'm not taking off until the replacement top gets here. You really don't have to spray and cool goose eggs, but it's a good idea to and yes I normally do, but I'm on day 6 and my new lid still isnt here. :[ During incubation humidity should be around 55% during incubation and and raised to 75% the last 3 days. I'm just trying to have faith that this incubator knows what its doing...

5. bearfeet3

Mar 14, 2009
    Quote:sorry, I meant AFTER day 25

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by