goose eggs incubated upright: update with pic air cell looks weird

Celtic, I have a duck that externally pipped today at day 25. what should I do about humidity now? and how do I know if goose baby has pipped internally if I cant open bator, sheesh I'm confused. Thanks for help. temp is 99.7 humidity is at 64%
fl.gif

LoL ok, you have ducks hatching with them that changes everything. Yes the humidity needs to be up now then since one has started hatching.

For next time, if you do only geese, you can candle and actually see the bill up in the air cell when they internally pip.

humidity is up to 75% today, saw egg rock a little bit , keeping fingers crossed.Duck still not out worried but today is only day 27

Well I ended up with 3 duckies and 3 chicks that I moved out of hovabator into homede bator. I think the other 7 ducks and the sebbie died
hit.gif
I wonder if you have ever used this still air incubator with success, almost wish I would have left them in cooler bator with fan, they were all alive when they were in there. any advice for next time would be appreciated because I have 2 more sebbie eggs that will be due in a couple weeks. Thanks for the support.

On a positive note two of the ducks are crested and my daughter is so thrlled

We incubate in a cabinet bator with fans and our hatcher has no fans. Geese are harder than ducks and ducks are harder than chickens to hatch. If the eggs were shipped to you that adds to the potential issues. It is unfortunately very common to get low hatch rates and even no eggs to hatch with shipped waterfowl.

Good luck with the rest of your eggs, and congrats on the ducks.

I have 6 or more goose eggs in a digital incubator that turns them upright there is four days left till they hatch I dont know what to do will they make it?

Back
Top Bottom