Goose eggs not developing?

WilliamH

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
I am currently incubating goose eggs. Today is day 11 and I recently candled all of them. Some are bright and clear. Some are bright and clear with a dark spot. And I have one egg that went from bright and clear to all dark. That one egg has this clear diagonal circle I see when I candle the egg. Just wondering if my eggs are still developing because I see no veins for all of my eggs. Below is the egg that went from bright to dark.
39F1834B-207A-4AFB-A791-BD220115DC63.jpeg

I am currently incubating goose eggs. Today is day 11 and I recently candled all of them. Some are bright and clear. Some are bright and clear with a dark spot. And I have one egg that went from bright and clear to all dark. That one egg has this clear diagonal circle I see when I candle the egg. Just wondering if my eggs are still developing because I see no veins for all of my eggs. Below is the egg that went from bright to dark.View attachment 2175463
That one has a saddled air cell. I have the same incubator. It's a Magicfly (or Janoel) 12 right? Can you post candling pics of all of your eggs? Day 11 is too early to toss any yet. Where did you get the eggs? Shipped? Local?

Any chance you could candle them with a better light source than your phone flashlight, and post pictures? Geese have such think shells, a phone flashlight isn't going to really be bright enough to candle and see details.

Any chance you could candle them with a better light source than your phone flashlight, and post pictures? Geese have such think shells, a phone flashlight isn't going to really be bright enough to candle and see details.
A lot of the goose eggs look like this.
A02EF506-55E7-4958-AE91-EEF87541893B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom