Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Does anyone understand my question
barnie.gif

pic know they need to their side but I'm asking if I can buy goose racks which will rotate them on their side. But do I have to buy a whole new automatic turner or can I just take the chicken racks out and attach goose racks onto my automatic turner.
I have the 1588 with the auto turner. I have two chicken egg racks in and two goose racks. (Quail with rack attached) . I had to shift things around to get it to work. Max 4-5 goose eggs with 14 chicken eggs. The goose racks are harder on the motor to turn, so have to be careful about overloading.

Has anyone ever had any luck hatching out a double yolker Sebastopol egg? Can it even be done. I hear that hatch rate for those eggs are only about 40% I would love to hear everyones opinion and experience on incubationg double yolkers. Thanks all!

I have heard it is not a good idea to try and hatch double yolkers due to not enough room in the shell for two, plus could be deformed as well. Just my thought.

[COLOR=000080]I have heard it is not a good idea to try and hatch double yolkers due to not enough room in the shell for two, plus could be deformed as well. Just my thought.[/COLOR]
Thank you. That is what I thought but my neighbor gave it to me and I had started to incubate before I knew that it was a dbl yolker. I never incubated or even seen a goose egg to know what size it should of been. That one weighed 10.9 oz and since then she has giving me a 6.5 oz and a 7.5 oz. I am hoping to get a pair before mating season is over. She said that I could have all of her eggs from her pair unless her goose decides to sit them. So far the goose is just laying them in front of the barn door on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom