Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
oh no! Does that mean all is lost?
I have 5 of 9 that are growing wonderfully, but did i mess them up by incubating upright?
will they not be able to orientate themselves correctly to hatch?
Should I take them out now and lay them on their sides?

I have 5 of 9 that are growing wonderfully, but did i mess them up by incubating upright?

You haven't loose them, put them at the right side, they are going to put themselves at the right side to hatch.
Goos luck

first... take a deep breath. If they're growing then they're fine for now. they do not start to orientate themselves until close to day 27.
hugs.gif
It's going to be a long month. Oh, and they take FOREVER to hatch. Good Luck!

Here in spain we stop turning goose eggs at day 25, the parameters are very diferent. 50%humidity till day 25 and 70-80% the last days.
The temperature is the same, 37,5 and we let the eggs a few minutes a day to have fresh air, we open the incubators and when we go to close it, we spray some water over them.

Hi folks:

Joined last year and had three waves of incubation Embdens and Mallards (rescued eggs after nest trashed). This year the geese (7 ladies) have started laying almost 4 weeks earlier, however all bar one are last years geese and the fertilisation of the first wave of eggs has dropped, which seemingly is not unusual for young birds. Out of 49 inital eggs in the bators only 16 appear to have set, the first is due to hatch next week (28 days on Sunday). The remaining 15 are some three weeks behind, regretfully.

We also have the mature hen sat on a nest in the shed, but we are not clear on how many eggs she has. Good luck to all for this season.

Paul T

Hi folks:

Joined last year and had three waves of incubation Embdens and Mallards (rescued eggs after nest trashed). This year the geese (7 ladies) have started laying almost 4 weeks earlier, however all bar one are last years geese and the fertilisation of the first wave of eggs has dropped, which seemingly is not unusual for young birds. Out of 49 inital eggs in the bators only 16 appear to have set, the first is due to hatch next week (28 days on Sunday). The remaining 15 are some three weeks behind, regretfully.

We also have the mature hen sat on a nest in the shed, but we are not clear on how many eggs she has. Good luck to all for this season.

Paul T
Same to you, look forward to seeing your goslings.

Started up my new incubator to test it out for a few days. I have 2 eggs ready but want a few more before I set them. I would hate to have a single gosling. The old still air will be our hatcher this year. Just wish both females were laying. Only one of my 2 are laying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom