Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Interesting week as two of my girls have started to sit on their nest in the last two days :highfive: This young lady is only 4 years old but she looks ready to start her own flock :thumbsup This is Momma and she is 13 years old and not her first nest :celebrate
Wow I love your African female in the first picture! Look how unbelievably short her beak is!

Thanks again.
Yes, the incubator is ventilated.
The malpositioned eggs did not show the huge increase in the air cell as you showed in your picture. The other two did, but for sure less than 50% of the egg space.
I think I will try again with 55% humidity all the incubation time and controlling the weight and the air cell. I will post the photos along the time to have your opinion.

Thanks,
Good, I'm so glad you're going to try again! Don't hesitate to post throughout the incubation. Weighing the eggs is the most accurate way to determine if they are loosing enough moisture. Just make sure you weigh each egg on the day it was laid or collected because they will begin to loose moisture as soon as they are laid and during storage. Good luck!! I hope your next hatch goes great!
X2
Make sure all vents are open for hatching.

Interesting week as two of my girls have started to sit on their nest in the last two days
highfive.gif

This young lady is only 4 years old but she looks ready to start her own flock
thumbsup.gif

This is Momma and she is 13 years old and not her first nest
celebrate.gif
WOW, till what age do geese lay? Good luck with both nests.

These are the first pictures for the second trial of goose incubation:
Incubator set at 37.5ºC, Humidity at 55%.
Six eggs weighting between 152 and 176 g
Manual turning of the eggs (2/3 times a day)

Incubation started on 07/04...Conditions
Eggs...

Whats inside at day 1...

Today is D4, the first day for turning!!!

Any help and comments are always welcome.

WOW, I didn't know goose eggs weigh that much. I'm no expert and I have never incubated goose eggs but I'm thinking your humidity is too high to start. That's a fancy incubator for sure. What kind of ventilation? Remember that is a KEY factor at look down... all vents open then.
fl.gif
I have some Scovey eggs on day 6 that I will try to get pictures on.

These are the first pictures for the second trial of goose incubation: Incubator set at 37.5ºC, Humidity at 55%. Six eggs weighting between 152 and 176 g Manual turning of the eggs (2/3 times a day) Incubation started on 07/04...Conditions [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Eggs... Whats inside at day 1... Today is D4, the first day for turning!!! Any help and comments are always welcome.
Good luck!! I didn't know you set again but I came onto this thread because I found a pic that might be helpful. I will check in and see how it's going!

News from D5.

5 out of 6 eggs were already checked as fertile, as shown in the picture, not so clear but the veins are already visible with the red dot on the middle...The other it still suspicious...
The weigh loss is now around 2-3%

Hi everyone,

I started my goose and duck eggs 33 days ago. Set 19 duck eggs and 5 goose eggs. On Friday day 28 one duckling started to hatch. After two days and a dried out egg I did a little help it let itself out the rest of the way all sticky when I moved it to the brooder and it passed away by the next morning. Two days ago my first gosling started to pip and made its egg-scape this morning. Hoping for it to survive but I won't hold my breath. I hear it peeping my question is when it came out its head was twisted downward and how long before it learns to right itself or is it just my view of it?

Last yr I set 6 African Toulouse eggs at lockdown I had four and hatched four but only one survived. He is one yr old now.

These eggs I have in the incubator are from a pair of American Buff geese I bought from the fair in the summer last year. She laid five eggs I found them and placed them in the incubator, she is currently setting on her own 6 eggs in her little duck house. I will post pics of that. Because ducks laid in the big goose house and it's a pretty funny sight.

You think I would have figured this out by now but I don't know, I always worry!

Back
Top Bottom