Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
my only egg was a goose egg. I'm leaving it until day 34. If nothing by then then idk. But today is day 29 and I see no sign of life

I put 10 goose eggs in my incubator. Only 3 made it to day 27. One of those has since died, so I am left with two, and I don't know if they will even make it out of the shell. Losses are hard, but you just have to try keep trying.

Update- 2 babies are still alive but no external pip. One baby's peeping seems weaker...worries me. I'm considering doing artificial pip today. Fingers crossed and praying.
I would if I were you
fl.gif

I put 10 goose eggs in my incubator. Only 3 made it to day 27. One of those has since died, so I am left with two, and I don't know if they will even make it out of the shell. Losses are hard, but you just have to try keep trying.
I set 7 Muscovy eggs. 5 made it to lock down. All died in the shell
hit.gif
No internal pips. Looks like they didn't turn to pip internally.

This is my second year incubating goose eggs, my first year I only set two eggs, one was infertile and the second hatched no problem whatsoever. This year I incubated seven eggs the first go around and lost all of them. After buying a new thermometer I realized my temp was an entire degree low and I was keeping my humidity at 60%. This was absolutely devastating, so I set some more eggs, 10 this time and I have been paranoid the entire time given that I had lost them all before. I do not do dry incubation, but I will let you know what has worked for me this time. I used 99.5 for my temp, 45-50% average for my humidity and then I flip the eggs over (I flip the egg by the fat end being the pivot and the pointy end actually moving rather than rotating it on it's side, I do this all day with two sides and the next day I rotate it, so I'm using the other two sides to flip) and then they are not in the egg turners, just laying flat in the incubator. I also turn them either 5 or 7 times a day. I use the air cell comparison chart that I have in an earlier post as a reference and they should also, from what I've read lose 13% weight. As you can see in my previous post I had an egg that was internally pipped, it pipped on day 28, externally pipped on day 29 and it hatched today, day 30. I also had another gosling hatch today, it had internally pipped on day 28 and then externally pipped and hatched on day 29. I have three others that are all internally pipped and another 5 still in the incubator not quite ready for the hatcher. This is what I used this go around with them and I have had great luck using these settings. The article for the assisting hatching is fantastic, this is where I learned how to assist my chicken eggs and I too would highly recommend it. I hope this helps and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom