Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
One has hatched and is out of shell. Awful dry and sticky. Seems to be having a problem with balance. Laying on his back and kicking then resting. Any suggestions?
If it's sticky and gooey like take a warm soaked cotton ball and clean him up. When they first hatch they kinda fumble around but by the time they are dry w/in 24 hrs it should be up and normal.

Gave him a good scrubbing with a cotton ball and warm water. Dried Blood pretty thick on one side. Will do it again in a couple of hours. Thanks
Good job
thumbsup.gif
How is he getting around now?

Legs seem to be splayed. Just scooting around in side swimming motion. Drinking water when I set him by the tray, does not go there on his own. Have not given food yet thinking of adding water to a soupie mix later today to see if he wants food. If he gets through this stage I guess I will call him scooter. No other eggs hatching yet.

Legs seem to be splayed. Just scooting around in side swimming motion. Drinking water when I set him by the tray, does not go there on his own. Have not given food yet thinking of adding water to a soupie mix later today to see if he wants food. If he gets through this stage I guess I will call him scooter. No other eggs hatching yet.
Did you wrap his legs for the splay? It's not too difficult and will make all the difference. What kind of bedding do you have down for them?
fl.gif
he gets through and for the others to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom